Saturday 7 May 2011

Words That Would Melt In Your Hand.

Polling day, stuck in camp, same-old same-old. It'll be the same for another 6-7 weeks or so, projected book-out day being 18June, or 25June, which truly is disgusting. Ugh.

Anw I did manage to watch Thor on Monday so that's a little plus there. A movie that starts off with Natalie Portman in the first scene cannot help but reel me in haha. Okay I'm beginning to sound obsessive but in my defence.. Well there is none to speak of! Go Natalie! I think I'm gonna watch that show with her and Jude Law I cannot rmb who else. And a quick check on IMDB tells me there's this show Hesher, with both her and JGL!! Fan-heaven yay.

Listening obsessively also now to Moby's Extreme Ways from the Bourne trilogy, and everytime I think of Moby I think of HIMYM and how awesome it is (esp Lily ofcourse!) Also Simple Math by Manchester Orchestra. And still Two Door Cinema Club.

I sort of want to watch Biutiful. We're talking about the psycho-killer from No Country For Old Men here, Mr Javier Bardem. Who is I think married to Penelope Cruz (Vicky Cristina Barcelona next show to watch maybe?) and is going to appear as Roland Deschain in the movie adaptation of the Dark Tower!!!!! Whoa. Good choice there, I can see him as a gunslinger, although in my mind I am thinking of someone slighter in build. Hopefully the movie is as epic as the book though, I'd hate to be disappointed.

Should I start on Sandman: Book of Dreams next or How Late It Was? Have not been like in the zone regarding reading these few days. But it's okay. I have weeks and weeks and weeks to go. Really quite an unbelievable amount of confinements I've managed to accrue eh! I am such an idiot sheesh.

No sleep last night, but it was worth it. What a guilt-trip though! Haha. I only hope that we managed to make it worthwhile for them. I think they did well, and that they have done themselves proud. Let's hope this is a sign of good things to come, and that the 66th will turn out to be a much stronger batch than 65th ever was. Bravo Zulu 66th.

So I only slept at almost 2pm and woke at 6. So tired. Eyebags around my eyes threatening to have a gravitational field strong enough to suck light (and life) in.

This has been some week indeed. Ups and downs coming at me like cars on the autobahn (which reminds me that hot damn must go travelling soon! wanderluzt.) On the receiving end of yet more confinements. As if what I have isn't already bad enough. A hugely massively disappointing 2.4km run. Barely gold, if at all. Argh. I'm really quite angry with myself if you must know! Sigh. Someone must shake me out of this slump, and I have grave suspicions that the right person to do it, is me.

And I am also now, dateless for comms ball. Hahah! Oh noooooooooooooooooooo. I'm going to be an embarrassment, surely. I shouldn't have mocked my (now fellow) dateless friends sigh. I am too socially inept for sth like this pls.

But on the upside, the puzzle pieces of the bigger picture appear to be arranging themselves somewhat in order now. Quite a welcome turn of events indeed. I'd like to think that it was my awesome personal statement that did it for me haha. But whatever the reason, I'm quite glad that at least and at last, I have managed to get myself an offer from a university. I think my self-worth can pick itself up from the rocks at the bottom now.

That's the first piece. And then there's the scholarship board. One more step closer to the dream. But in gaming terms, that's another boss fight ahead of me. I hope I manage to slay the bugger well and good. It is the final impediment, and I pray I screw up not. This is my hopes and dreams hinge-ing on this one last obstacle. I have invested too much in this to fail now. I pray all goes well.

Really it all comes down to this. My future hanging in the balance. Sigh. So much gravityyyy damnnnnnnnn. Make or break time!

"People they come together, people they fall apart
No one can stop us now, 'cause we are all made of stars"

Heh alright then goodnight! And all the best studying for your papers or sth, I'll be watching Closer!

No comments:

Post a Comment