Sunday 8 May 2011

Sadness Like Water Raining Down.

Well hi about an hour before I'm supposed to wake up. Awful. Short update here.

Finished watching Closer and Vicky Cristina Barcelona. Every minute that I get to sleep less because of watching these movies have been absolutely worth it. They aren't exactly love movies, but movies about love.

Loved the ending for Vicky Cristina Barcelona, even though from the tone of the movie you could see it coming. Penelope Cruz was such a riot to watch. Still don't like Scarlet Johansson much though :/ never really thought of her as very pretty. But Rebecca Hall was awesome too.

And I'm beginning to like Jude Law too, although I've never thought of him as being particularly handsome (never understood why some girls seem to go ga-ga over him.) All 4 leads were great, although as you might have expected I'm partial to Natalie. Alice's final scene with Dan was brilliant.

Anw just had probably my first themed party tonight. Hahaha. 4 of us confinees dressed up in our much-loved green army uniforms and had a maggi party. Objectively, a very poor theme, and a very poor party. But nonetheless, it was epic! You don't have many other fun things to turn to when you've been confined for weeks on end. Unbelievable that we all had a set of smart 4s to wear.

Anw thank goodness my fellow confinees are all slightly insane. We'd never have survived otherwise. Rather, what survival we might have had would have been utterly meaningless and boring and shitty. These are chaps I can spend hours talking nonsense to, on topics ranging from the slightly weird to the blooming crazy. They say madness is contagious and I say thank god it is so.

Btw I have been monstrously ravaged by mosquitoes. Monstrous. Ravaged. Spend 3hours plus almost absolutely still, watching your movies, and come out with like 102837 mosquitoes bites and how it itches!! So annoyed. Ubiquitous nasty little things. I'm trying to kill them all but mostly I'm either swatting air or beating myself senseless. Shall discontinue that.

Hopefully trip to hongkong materializes. And then to australia after that. And after that the rest of the world hehehe. Or something.

Anw my mind's sort of a blank now and I can't think of a better title so I'll use this, from Moby's Raining Again, even though I'm not really that into it haha. Sadness like water raining down, forming great big pools under your feet, and you're drowning. I might have put "Hello, stranger" as per Closer's opening line, but that would be floozy.

Alright goodnight what's-left-of-it. I forgot to add that George Yeo lost sigh. I'm quite upset about it! I'm not certain the outcome of the elections is going to be for the good of our nation. We shall have to wait and see, I guess. I have some other thoughts on these elections but for now I'll give dreaming a shot. Goodnight again.

2 comments:

  1. well well, subconscious in overload. VICKY christina barcelona!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. SWOONSHIN!!! You render me speechless, you do. Well.. it's a little too obvious for it to be "subconscious" (which it is not) isn't it! Oh, you cad. Next time dota or touch I don't give you chance alr.

    ReplyDelete