Tuesday 17 May 2011

Paint The Sky With Silver Lining.

My foot hurts like a pangsai, which is a wonder, because I didn't even run the 8km yesterday. I am a Fallout Boy. Can't wait for my physiotherapy session (haha?) and hopefully that can help to fix the problem once and for all. So many niggling injuries here and there, it's quite irritating.

Okay a little (maybe a huge) sigh of relief there yesterday. One final hurdle and I'm home free! I wonder, for a scholarship board should I wear my specs and look stunningly scholarly, or should I not and look like cooldude92 instead? Pretty deep questions huh! I had better not mess this up anyhow!

Might watch Amelie later, although it's so upsetting that fastpasstv doesn't have Before Sunrise/Sunset. Although have to engage in menial labour yet again, right after lunch!

I believe I am somewhat deadened already to the world out there. Every week I am resigned to my dastardly fate of being confined over the weekends (and public holidays even, lagi dastard.) I even suspect that the day my confinement ends (far off in the horizon somewhere, if you choose to squint and maybe possess a telescope) I will feel quite... lost? Empty, perhaps. Hahaha ridykulous I know.

But two of our band are gone now, and today will be the last confinement another one serves. From 5 strong we will be reduced to 2, and not even that cause if it's just the 2 of us we'll probably choose to isolate ourselves in our rooms and nerd/geek our weekends away haha. 5.5 books left to read! Anw as I was saying, us kongregation of konfinees are slowly but surely diminishing now, tragedy! Like the passing of an era.

But yesyes, the outside world is a very good one indeed. Celebrating jolyn's birthday at Ding Tai Fung was a blast, although I think my keen lack of experience in a social setting (in the outside, real world, that is) was quite obvious! Hahaha confinement what have you done to me. It was great to see everyone again, some even for the first time since I set sail ages ago! Buggerrit. Anyhow, blessed two (no more one?!) zero jolyn!

Unfortunately will not be able to make yeemin's birthday, sorry bro! Or touch on saturday, what's new! Have not played for the longest time.

I had a dream a few nights ago where I was in a supermarket. The weirdest part about the dream was its clarity upon waking up. That and the fact that it featured a friend I've not seen for quite some time. Have not had a dream I could remember in a long time. Last one was probably the one about child soldiers in the himalayas, or the alps, or sth, falling to their deaths and entombed in an icy grave. But they left their guns behind.

Half awake in a fake empire / Laugh away in our fake empire. I'm not decided which one sounds nicer, although one of them is a mishearing of the lyrics of Fake Empire by The National. Anw have been listening also to Phoenix, a french rock band! Whoever heard of the french rocking! I thought it'd have been violins etc. in the City of Love! Maybe should catch Paris je t'aime next. Long long long long long long list of wants. Volver? Funnily, I'm not clearing any of the movies in my List of Movies to Watch, the one which is 150 strong. Boo boo.

Alright. I also have to decide what to do with my 3 hour long liberty later (which includes travelling from Tuas to Changi, criminal!) and whether I should cab around or just public transport it. Btw my total cab expenditure on Sunday was 45 dollars, plus a dinner I paid 18 dollars for.. that makes 63 dollars for about an hour spent with friends :O Imagine the number of hours that buys me in a LAN Shop!!! Heh. Worth it anyhow.

Maybe I'll resume my exploration of the east side of singapore. Eunos/Bedok/Simei? Okay set. Lights camera action! I'll watch 300 now. Bye and have a Happy Vesak's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment