Friday 3 December 2010

And They Sing Wave Goodbye, Wave Goodbye.

And a hello to you. Have not had the time to type like this for a very long while now. Okay, probably not true but it's not my fault dota tops my priority list given the limited time I have at home ): Decided instead to write in camp, maybe sacrificing a bit of sleep here, a bit of rest there, just so I can get some of my thoughts down. Metacognition is a useful thing I think.

But yeah been pretty busy these past few weeks, with weekends being burnt and all. Still have not done uni application which really is not cool at all, and haven't done shopping too. Haha how girly is that. Shopping! Been meaning to buy lots of stuff for a long time though, but ever since coming back from india I have purchased a grand total of zer0 items for myself, save for 2 shirts from threadless (awesome shirts nonetheless.)

So. Well it definitely isn't the lack of something to say that caused me not to blog for what, almost 2 months now. Probably the longest hiatus I've ever had, which says alot about how much rubbish my brain spews out on a regular basis. And skipping the whole of november too sigh. So many smart things to say about that month. November Has Come a la Gorrillaz. November Rain, GnR. And the 5th of November courtesy of V for Vendetta. I somehow contrived to miss all these clever little pop/cultural references.

Still remember my last 5th of November though. What can I say? Poof. Life is so different now, comparisons are probably meaningless. Doesn't keep me from yearning for that life though.

Last week was pretty shit. I was pretty down for a while, and I can't say I'm absolutely over it now. Somehow the things that I work for, never really seem to work out. I might put in effort but either it's not recognized, as was the case, or my efforts are completely futile. It's happened. Maybe I seem to not care very much about anything, or maybe even not much about anyone. I don't know.

Not my most articulate of posts maybe. Some things you just don't divulge (or can't) if you have an audience, even if it's a phantom cyber-audience you don't know is watching. But yeah.

So just some random inputs here and there from the past few weeks. I had a haircut and it didn't exactly turn out ideally. That's understating it a fair bit. A big fair bit. I had a flat top but thank goodness that's being slowly rectified now. Hurray for malleable hair.

Aren't kids just the most awesome little creatures around? I was walking home one day and it was just beginning to rain. I reached my void deck and there was this poor little girl, probably P2-4, getting ready to brave the rain by covering her head with an NTUC plastic bag. Okay I probably described it quite badly. What I'm trying to say is that she looked totally cute doing that (not in a pedo bear kind of way) and it reminded me of the antics that kids come up with all the time.

Swimming is so very tiring. I'm a lousy swimmer, yes, I readily admit. But having stitches and cramps? And having my legs feel like they'd been transmogrified into jelly? Way more than I bargained for. I suck. And now a headache from the exhaustion to boot. I suck doubly.

Speaking of which I haven't watched any movies apart from Unstoppable which was surprisingly good. There was Red and Wall Street and..... and some other movies I had intended to watch. Totally not keeping up with the latest movies. Nor TV series. Lagging so far behind the series I follow, it'll probably be suicidal to embark on new ones. But The Big Bang Theory does seem to be very promising. Oh well. Hopefully when I'm done with OCS time would be something much more readily available to me.

I did rewatch 500 Days of Summer and Yes Man and watched The Hurt Locker too, all in one week. Not the brightest of ideas, believe me. I was barely awake the whole week. But it did reaffirm my undying love for Zooey Deschanel. Especially in 500 days. It really was an awesome movie, probably some of the hype got to some people though, and they didn't enjoy it quite as much as they should. To these poor people I'd recommend watching it again, don't let any movie get bogged down with your expectations of it. You're doing both yourself and the movie a grave injustice. The Hurt Locker also was quite good but a bit overrated I think. Hah maybe I'm guilty of overexpecting too.

I trust myself to actually start blogging in camp quite regularly, so I'll save some of my stuff for next time. Might turn out to be a very bad idea, I know exactly how untrustworthy I am myself.
Well I promise myself I'll do it. Promises do mean something still, don't they? Hah.

No comments:

Post a Comment