Monday 27 December 2010

Winter In Singapore.

Actually no, but I am down with a cold! Must be what winter feels like heh. Same difference. So today feels more christmas-sey than christmas itself. I seriously do think it's cause of my cold. I feel cold (i.e. winter) wear a long sleeved shirt (i.e. winter) and drink hot chocolate (YOU GET MY POINT) and lepak at home. Hohoho. And take an mc so I didn't book in back to camp. Well!

It was such a good idea to go gai gai on my own after dinner on christmas. I got caught in the rain and therefore fell sick and therefore am having a most awesome time now. Loving it, if only I weren't actually sick. Although that doesn't work out at all.. Whatever. Logical thinking is over-rated.

Anyway I was walking down orchard road, basically just following the lights haha. Purple then blue then red. So I wanted to reach the end of the red lights cause I wanted to see where it ended. Hmm that sounds silly. Anyway. It was actually quite a distance away and I reached a part of orchard where I've never been before, which was quite weird. I'd have thought that since orchard is like such a prominent destination and one of the defining places of singapore, I'd have walked down the whole stretch before. I discovered some tanglin shopping centre or mall thing, and more. Some quite quaint looking shops too. Very interesting that. I wonder why I've never seen all of that before, I'm a terrible singaporean.

Stupid mrt didn't extend its services that night, so I had to make my way back home (since supper didn't work out sigh) by 11.30. Tch. So the night was still young and I decided not to go home immediately. At first I was thinking just supper or coffee at the classy little place near my house (McCafe) but I thought better of it. Checked out the out of the way club/cafe al fresco next to the railway, and it turned out to be quite decent! Quite a nice atmosphere there I guess, will probably go there for supper more.

Quite a happy christmas actually, even though I didn't really do much. I do feel rather content about it though. ERGO, it was a happy christmas! I've been itching to use the word ergo ever since I started typing so I sort of just stuffed it in somehow. Such a cute little word. Also, it must be very irritating if someone were to ever use it seriously. Some people I think, are too convinced of their own intelligence.

I think christmas was satisfactory primarily cause I'm quite happy with life right now. I was alone that night cause I wanted to be, and it turned out to be a very agreeable night indeed. I'm glad I like me, or I couldn't stand being with myself all the time. It's a good thing I find myself to be quite interesting LOL. I'm quite good at amusing myself (if you haven't already noticed.)

But yeah. Last christmas I wasn't so keen on being alone so I turned out quite miserable. This year I've reconciled with myself, so it was peachy. Funny though, I haven't met a single friend over the christmas weekend.. Do you think they still love me?! What's new srsly, confirm they bo jio one. Sua.

Oh yes special mention to my man Gareth for my first and only christmas present this year! Metamorphosis by Kafka. Interesting cause I always found Kafka interesting, but I never actually wanted to read him. Now that I have the book though, I have no excuse. It's sort of like Haruki Murakami and Milan Kundera and Salman Rushdie and that Aravind guy or sth who wrote the tiger book, where the authors and their books sort of intrigued me, but not to the extent where I would actually get around to borrowing and reading their books. Will be changing that now, whatwith having already read kundera and having bought murakami and salman rushdie books. Yey me.

And to anyone out there who cares, don't buy me a birthday present just for the sake of buying one okay. If it's just for formalities' sake and not really heartfelt then don't bother! Save yourself the trouble and the wracking of brains and all. I mean it only cause I hate buying gifts myself. I never have a clue what in the world to buy for others, and I expect others can't find it easy to buy stuff for me either. Thank goodness no gift exchange this year! How does anyone find some random generic gift (rule states under $20 or sth too) which is suitable for everybody?! Although I must say I did like the towel I got (from ang I think) that christmas (which seems to be ages ago.) It's a rare gift, the buying of gifts. One I am sadly un-endowed with.

Anyway, hi sister. And maybe, brother too. Don't tell me if you all read my blog or what lah. Paiseh leh. I'll blog differently if I'm aware of who my audience is. I'll be more aware of what I type and all, and we don't want that do we! AND don't try and pry into my (lack of) love life and ask me if I'm talking about some girl or whatnot based on what I post please! You can talk to me about what I post, less the girl and relationship parts. Also if you're in dire need of financial assistance you can leave a comment and I'll do what I can do help you Godfather style. HAHA.

Anyway, the weather has been pissing lately. Not pissing as in pissing me off, but as in really pissing. The clouds are like massive oversized leaky bladders. At least this let's us know that climate change hasn't been too drastic yet, unlike last year where the monsoon was non-existent. It got me really worried for a while. Driest Nov/Dec/Jan ever. I thought it was dryest. Spellcheck corrected me. Ergo, AI > Me. The machines are going to take over the world.

On that point, Marvin (the paranoid android) is so irritating and amusing at the same time. All this while I have this faint hope that he'll lighten up a little, but my brain tells me he'll never do that! Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, incase you don't know what I'm talking about. Has got to be the most random book(s) ever. It's page after page of nonsense. You should read it too lol, I'm on book 3 or 4 now.

And Big Bang Theory is amazing!! I'm only on episode 7 or 8 of season 1 though! Slowpoke. I'll try to cram in more time to watch it somehow. Maybe I'll evolve into slowbro. Pokemon references are teh cool btw. And I am an exponent of it, believe me.

Hahah this has evolved into a very long post, how this has happened without my knowledge is beyond me. I don't really have that much to say, but I still say it anyway. Ramble on and on and on and on so annoying. I'm sorry! Why can't I ever do a short and succinct post?

Okay. Spread the festive cheer, or failing that, spread a cold or a flu or something. Just spread something (don't say peanutbutter or jam or sth that's damn lame). I hope nothing venereal though, I'd be quite sad for you... Haha!

No comments:

Post a Comment