Thursday 23 December 2010

Manufactured Memories Mandatory.

I lost my little notebook where I penned down some of the random thoughts I have from time to time. I remember one of the things I wrote said this: There are memories to be made here (with me). I don't know what state of mind I was in when I wrote that or the circumstance involved. But in an effort not to let that little black book go to waste, here I am to write a bit about that.

Memories are all well and good. A memory of a happier you, a memory of what it was like to be carefree, a memory of a person dear to you. Memories. But don't live in the past. Don't live life looking over your shoulders all the time. Know this, that memories are there to be made every moment that you live. It's up to you to want to form new memories, starting from now, starting from tomorrow.

Well this happens to me, not sure if it does to you, but sometimes almost everything you do or everything that happens to you reminds you of something in your past. It becomes difficult to live in the present if you keep casting your mind back doesn't it? You think, oh, someone used to do this with me, I used to go there with somebody, etc etc. That's perfectly fine, but don't let it hinder you from experiencing something new each time.

In the here and now, life goes on. Move on, too. Don't have half your mind dwelling in the past. Live the present. Alright, don't let the bed bugs bite.

Anyway Arctic Monkeys are awesome! Pure unabashed brit rock there, too good for words.

No comments:

Post a Comment