Tuesday 14 December 2010

Millepushups!

I can't let anyone just wave away my punishment like that. I owe it to myself to serve it out in full, even if I have to do it in the quiet of my cabin all lonesome and all. If I got me any punishment, I probably deserved it. And therefore it is hello creaky elbows and sore nehneh muscles, and byebye triceps. It begins here, that quest for more. I can't let myself down anymore.

I shall begin training in earnest. Yes I do. Everyone knows for a fact that once you put something down on your blog, you're eternally obliged to fulfil it. (See also: To-Do Lists on Blogs) But seriously, it's pretty upsetting to see my 2.4 just plummet like that. I will do a marathon next year. Biathlon, meh. Learn2swim first mebbe. See, if I actually decide to do a marathon, I have no choice but to train for it. Genius, or what?!

Well I did promise myself to run a marathon this year too. Clearly not very successful in that respect. Although I very very ALMOST, went for Run for Hope and some other 10km race or sth. The operative word being "ALMOST", in case you weren't quite alerted by the caps.

Don't you wish somebody would save you. Save you from your darkest nightmares and deepest fears. Save you from your own thoughts. Save you from the life you seem destined to lead, no matter how you resist. Save you from being swallowed up and chewed upon and spit out by life and its machinations. Save you from being just one more in a long line of workers churned out year after year. Save you from being merely ordinary. Save you from mediocrity.

Nobody wants to be mediocre. The law of relativity, however, states that there has to be such people. Yes? Well, don't believe it, don't succumb to it. You're better than that. It's true we don't always run out winners everytime. But that doesn't change anything. All your preparation and dedication, your hard work and your passion, that's what sets you apart. If you could only see it yourself.

Of course. Losing sucks. Colours seem a little duller. Food becomes a little blander. Your limbs don't seem as willing to get moving. Your head just wants to remain stuck in the gutter. You moan alot and can't seem to muster the slightest smile. Everything has become so pointless. Life sucks. Okay I might be exaggerating, but if I am it's not by much.

But don't let any single event affect you so horribly. You're the same person you were before, except maybe a little jaded and a little bit more world-weary. I guess it's all part of growing up, and that process isn't complete unless you move on. So. It's time to grow up now. It's time to move on. There are people out there who love you. And there are people out there for you to love. You have friends who will stand by you. Life is never meaningless or pointless. It's up to you to find your own reason. Your raison d'etre, if you will.

Well. Enjoy your day, or night, or maybe more specifically your dusk or your dawn. It doesn't matter. What matters is that you enjoy yourself, wherever and whenever you are. Smiles (:

No comments:

Post a Comment