Tuesday 28 June 2011

You Won't Find Happiness Here.

My internet is so pissful now. Can't load anything and I am srsly quite piqued. So I'm only able to type this cause I'm home cause I'm sick cause of a cough virus. Hehe. We returned our laptops in camp alr, so that explains why I can't otherwise do it in camp (and also explains why I decided to succumb to the virus :) Call me Chaokeng Chuan. Life is so boring without a laptop in camp haha. Almost done with How Late, so only 3 more titles left in camp!

BUT! And here is the awesome best brilliant part.. My books from bookdepository have arrived! Whoahaha. 10 of them, that is. I don't know how many that leaves, probably another 13 yet to arrive? Idk how they send it, but all 10 I received were from only Milan Kundera and Haruki Murakami. 2 of the former, and 8 from the latter! I am srsly spoilt for choice now, and I don't know what to start with!

And there are a few books in my sister's collection I want to read too :/ There's Lolita, Candy Girl (by Diablo Cody, Juno if I'm not wrong), The Lovely Bones, The God Of Small Things, The Virgin Suicides (loved the movie), Angela's Ashes (maybe, seems a little boring though :/), Cities On The Plain (also maybe, also maybe boring, but by Cormac McCarthy that's why maybe), Notes On A Scandal (wanted to watch the movie), and The Constant Gardener (also want to watch, Ralph Fiennes with a nose! Think: Voldemort if you don't know what I'm talking about.)

Okay so maybe a bit more than a few books. Sigh. And Kafka On The Shore and Wind-Up Bird Chronicle are bloody monsters too, so bledy thick. I'll take about 2 lifetimes to finish all these books sigh. And my sister apparently wants to bring some of my books over to Melbourne so I'll have to finish off those books first haha! A wealth of options available to me, the good life.

I shall have to shop for a backpack now. Idk 50 litres or what la, maybe I just stop by somewhere to take a look. I have a very elaborate plan to travel to Australia then China now. Okay, "plan" is overstating it, I have an inkling of the silhouette of an idea of what to do. The last great missing piece of the puzzle is $$.

Apparently also, my parents are gonna buy me a new bookshelf! Yey. I think I shall keep my old one to store all the paraphernalia I've accrued over the years (and hopefully continue to, esp with an overseas adventure lined up!) Shall reconfigure the room I think, even though I think the current set-up is brilliant. It isn't even getting stale yet (probably because of how awesome it is) but I think change will do us good! Should change it to a single person room now, or it'd be such a waste, poor brother.

I spent all my time sick at home playing dota actually, which srsly is really an idiotic thing to do. Terrible. In my defence it must be said, if I weren't to bledy good at it I wouldn't play it so much! Hahaha what a non-defence. But srsly. After every game I think, wow I was goood! and decide to throw my hat into the ring one more time. And one more time. And and and and. What an idoit. I've decided to give it up sometime soon. Just not now... not yet :)

Since we're on the subject. Perhaps there are some things that we just must give up. All the signs point to it being a pointless venture, an exercise in futility, to your giving up. But still.. Some things you just cannot give up, you know? You cannot bear to. Even when you tell yourself to, you try to convince yourself to, you just cannot seem to, and what do you do then? Damn the things that are irresistible and unattainable. What do you do now dy?

It's just some things seem to promise so much, so much more. And the only option left to you is the one you refuse to take. Some things are worth fighting for. Well.

Anw Flipped was such a pleasant movie. I expected it to be funnier, cause it was under the comedy section, but even though it wasn't exactly laugh-out-loud funny I found it very enjoyable. A warm and fuzzy story of young love! So hard to find such a pure and innocent movie now, dontcha think. Everything set against a backdrop of sex and sin and vulgar violence. Or political. Ohwells.

You were meant to leave for so much more. I thought of that while listening to Switchfoot, and who knows, perhaps it rings true.

No comments:

Post a Comment