Sunday 5 June 2011

Cathedrals In My Heart.

Happy gloomy rainy sunday airvybody! Ahh, to be able to sleep in :(camp): (dual sad face there) on a lazy sunday afternoon, such is life.

I've been addicted to this online game HAHA. I've been playing it for the last few days, I think from tuesday onwards? The geek in me is happy, therefore I am happy too. My username is g33k5 (geeks) how about that?! I am shaping up to be a legend, don't mind me now.

Other than that, I've also started on A Hat Full of Sky, which means I have only 4 books left unread on my shelf! That's actually an untruth. Or the partial truth, which oftentimes is worse still than an outright lie. Anyhow, by shelf I mean my cabin shelf here in what has turned out, unfortunately, to be my permanent place of residence now, OCS.

I still have a number unread at home, perhaps 7 or so? And get this, I just visited this dastardly website www.bookdepository.com and *poof* USD$200 was gone. Yes, that was no typo, TWO HUNDRED DOLLARS WTS. I think there were about 15-25 books in my cart at checkout. I sometimes doubt my sanity, or rather, my possession of common sense. Online shopping is such a cunning consumer trap!!!!! Free shipping, 10% discount etc etc. Connivers and schemers all of them!

Sigh have not watched any movies lately. No Pirates on the big screen in 3D for me sigh sigh. Can't even watch in camp now, since fastpasstv has been banned (did I give myself away somehow!) Oh wait. Mr Resourceful has just discovered that tudou actually still works hehe! Woooooooohoooooooo. I think I shall attempt to catch up on all those TV serials, right after I'm finished with 50 first dates :D I've always like Drew Barrymore after Donnie Darko.

Anyhow, The Kooks are pretty good! They sound like hobbits, really, it's that brilliant accent! My youtube playlist is like 156 strong, and I have none of them on my mp3 sigh. What a lousy excuse for an mp3 eh! Wish I had managed to buy the iPod touch 3g man, stupid new models and their cameras :( Although I suspect if I had, I'd be huddled somewhere in the corner of my cabin now, tapping my screen furiously trying to complete yet another lamegame. As compared to my staring at a computer screen all day long. Er. Lousy comparison.

So there's The Shins, Everything Everything, The Black Keys, Cage The Elephant, The Bird And The Bee, Bittersweet Symphony by The Verve, the title of which I never knew, nor the artiste. I'm sure you'd have heard of the song before, even if the title isn't instantly recognizable (unless it's just me who's been living in ignorance haha.)

One more month to commission and I am so happy-ah. Almost all the high-key events over now. But still life is such a drag, and I can't wait to get out of here. Gah.

Anw the word cathedral always brings to my mind Keane's Is It Any Wonder,

Nothing left inside this old cathedral,
just the sad lonely spires.
How do you make it right?

And it sounds to me like a word which connotes something hollow. Sure, they look grand and are steeped in culture/heritage/history etc etc. But it sounds like there are great chambers within, high-ceilings, which reverberate silence. Resounding echoes of nothing. And if you were to step inside you'd feel wowed, perhaps, but also so small. Too small. The reverent, perhaps oppressive, silence which means you cannot raise your voice above a whisper. Huge halls of hush.

Okay let's not get away with myself.

In the blink of a star we shall be old and broken. I thought that was a beautiful expression to describe our transience, our ephemeralism. What we have now, will be gone before we know it. Time makes a mockery of us all, it laughs at us. So let us be happy, and live a life of gaiety. Let us laugh with Time. Let us leap at the half-chances and spring to the lost causes, for regret is Time's greatest joke of all.

So you were. Intimating and imitating love. And we all fell for it, completely, a confederacy of dunces. Is it better to believe in a beautiful lie or to believe not at all?

IPPT tomorrow how exciting is that! Good-bye airvybody.

No comments:

Post a Comment