Tuesday 7 June 2011

The Sky Is On Fire, And Your Heart.

I shall do a little update here cause I'm feeling restless and at 1:47am, honestly there's not alot else to do. Aforementioned tudou doesn't actually work so I'm feeling abit of a turd now, having made such bold proclamations in that last post. But I did find some chapalang website and watched The Adjustment Bureau and Heat, so I'm not 100% turdlike, just vaguely so.

I quite liked Emily Blunt in the show! Or maybe that's just her character, but I must admit, it's that English accent too probably. Pretty good, if abit rushed and it doesn't feel very er, complete or sth. Apparently it's based on a short essay called.. The Adjustment Team, by the author of another story called Do Androids Dream Of Electric Sheep, or sth like that, which spawned another movie, which I cannot recall. Useless bits of trivia orbit me like moons, not just a puny one moon like the earth, but the numerous (I cannot rmb the number HAHA lousy trivia-ist or what) ones that orbit... Saturn maybe? (Please tell me that Saturn does indeed have multiple moons.) Aiya my brain sort of sucks atm and I can't rmb all the things I wish I could, and I refuse to demean myself by looking to Yahoo! or Google for answers, at least not this time!

A very young Natalie Portman was in Heat, actually, but she didn't feature much so I shan't wax lyrical about her today. Instead it was a masterclass (masterclasses?) by Al Pacino and Robert De Niro, those 2 screen legends. Were they in Godfather together, or was that Marlon Brando. Nevermind. I thought Robert De Niro sort of looked like Agent Rossi from Criminal Minds though haha. Probably nothing of the sort, just my brain flagging me (and probably mildly berating me while it was at it) to start watching my TV serials again. No time to live, srsly. I typo-ed that and wrote no time to love, actually, which seems to me like a sinister coincidence. Hahaha.

Anyways IPPT today and it was a credible showing i.e. un-incredible. Certainly, credible nonetheless. Was aiming for honour board for chin-ups (such ego, I know! can't help myself) but I failed, although I did do 22 which is a personal best for me! Not that 22 is a particularly awesome pb but I'm pretty pleased with myself, so I couldn't be bothered really. 9:1x/9:2x for 2.4 which while a long ways off my pb, is the best 2.4 I've run in months, which says quite alot about my current state of fitness (non-fitness, to be exact.) I doubt I'll ever run 8:43 again though, my strong suspicions are that I have gone over the hill. Hahaha quarter-life crisis much?

But I did spend yesterday with a bad ankle. When I woke up, to my huge disappointment, it hadn't gone away. I wuz hoping it would like slink away in the dead of night in deference to the upcoming IPPT but noooo, it just wouldn't. Bad Omens. (Incidentally I've just finished I Shall Wear Midnight which was a laugh a minute, as Terry Pratchett is wont to do.) And now I have a shin splint, or if it isn't one then it's something eerily similar to it. I'm like a bunch (206, if I'm not wrong and if I rmb the title of the book by Kathy Reichs correctly, who is actually Temperance "Bones" Brennan, the real life version that is) of sad brittle bones strung together by cartilage and muscle and whatnot. And my thigh muskles sort of hurt too :(

Physio on wednesday I think, so I'll get to see the outside world for abit! Only NUH and its premises, probably, but what the heck right? I'm so deprived as it is boo-hoo-waily-waily.

I have only 4 books left to read now. Never thought I'd go through my books so quickly but it appears we suddenly have a deluge of free time (Try to catch the deluge in a paper cup) so I'm not sure if they're gonna hold out. Bleak House seems like bleak reading though, or at least it doesn't sound like like easy going. And a Russian author with Dr Zhivago? Wonder how that'd go. Which reminds me I haven't told anyone at home about my massive purchase online, maybe I shouldn't and let them have a shock when they realize I have done online shopping from within the confines of camp, like the right idiot I am. I'm sure my sister would be positively gleeful though! (Come to think of it, there is such a thing as negatively gleeful isn't there e.g. when someone is gloating or maybe in the process of scamming someone.)

Er I'm really hungry now, and I know some people say If you can't beat 'em, join 'em, but in this case I'm absolutely clueless as to how to go about joining the Hunger Faction, or Team Famine, or wtv, so I shall do the only other thing a wise man should do i.e. run away. In my defense it must be said that brave men aren't brave for long because 1) they get massacred/annihilated/destroyed 2) they get brutalized/murdered/thrown to the wolves 3) they run into generally unpleasant things. Actually, they're pretty much all the same point, but it is a strong point.

So this is me fleeing back to the Motherland i.e. Slumberland which sounds like a great place to be. If it truly is the Motherland then that means that our waking moments are actually just us on holiday, or a vacation, a get-away from Slumberland, because sometimes people get tired even of dreams. Alright, that's all. G'night!

No comments:

Post a Comment