Friday 17 June 2011

Let's Dance, Not Romance.

I was actually meaning to blog last night before heading to bed, but I foolishly did not sleep at all, which meant I did not get on my laptop at all. We'd kept awake to see the blood moon, only to be thwarted by firstly some massive cloud cover, in the vicinity of 7 oktas or sth bloody hell, and thereafter by sheets of pouring freezing rain which left us shivering and scampering for cover. Therefore we not only NOT managed to see the blood moon, we were cold and wet, hungry ofcourse, and we didn't sleep to boot. It's srsly something to be able to talk nonsense with each other till we forgo sleep, I just can't tell if it's a good thing or a bad thing.

So. Tears do not come easy to a man. It cannot. It portends something terrible. This last week, I have seen men cry. My father, and my uncles, they cried at the final farewell. And it broke my heart to see my father cry, that most stoic of men. He wept and I grieved for him. I think this is the first time I've ever seen him cry.

This week also, 2 of my friends were put out of course. Chor Hao who's a bro, one of the confinee club, merrymaker and silly-stunts extraordinaire. I would have fought with him to the very end. With his departure MIDS Wing is no longer the place it was. Good times, bro. Our 6/7/8 (I cannot rmb clearly) weekends together was an epic ride. It is the end of an era.

At least he gets to study architecture now, which he'd said he wanted. I know he'll definitely make it one day, just not as my colleague I guess. I hope everything turns out well though.

And Willie. He cried as he spoke to us yesterday. I don't know what to say. We none of us are as hardworking as him, but he had to go. He really puts me to shame. I am truly sorry that he is gone now, I think he deserved so much more. But life's like that sometimes. Sigh.

Well moving on. Yesterday we had a mini-competition among our divisions. Watersports day. I discovered how insane swimming sprints is. After just one length of the pool I was totally drained, my limbs were like trembling and I was out of breath. I thought: Oh god, how am I gonna make it back?! So I had to breaststroke my way back, cause I'd probably have died if I'd tried to front crawl instead. What a humiliating experience HAHA. Damn shag srsly.

And tomorrow (today now) we're going to the Society for the Aged and Sick for some community service. I am leading a team whose mission is to clear the Front Garden. Kool kia. Call me Gardener Chuan from today on. I think I'm supposed to clear unruly weeds or sth like that :O Damn exciting man.

Anw I was just a little into The Social Network when megavideo stopped me. I'm so annoyed with that bledy website. So now I'm a little into The King's Speech and I hope to goodness that the same thing doesn't happen again. Anw I'm surprised how normal Helena Bonham Carter can look HAHA. After all those Tim Burton/Johnny Depp collaborations (think: Sweeney Todd, Alice in Wonderland, and even Fight Club) She is a brilliant actress though. I've only watched 8mins of it so far haha.

Oh btw I had no idea the phrase: tango with the rango, actually appears in the movie!! Srsly wut. It is a good movie though, quite enjoyable. I think Johnny Depp can do no wrong.

I'm still heroically wading through How Late It Was, How Late, past the 100 page mark already! I just haven't had the time to have a good sit-down and actually read it now, I'm alr past the stage where it's painful to read it cause of the slang/accent.

I like this line from The Kooks: Safety pins holding up the things that make you mine. Maybe it's the way it's sung or sth.

And the Hurts with: I'm only gonna let you kill me once. What a way to put it eh? I think I agree, and maybe that's way I was so.. adamant. Nothing came of it, however, so I guess it didn't even matter. Haha ohwell.

I have 2 ulcers in my mouth now and it is soooooooo bledy annoying. I have to smile carefully now HAHA. It is just desserts for me cause I spent the whole of tuesday night laughing at another friend who had his constipated face on due to his ulcer. Bugger'd.

I'm not sure if I can suppress my anger for very much longer. I think one day there will be an explosion, and it will be a disaster for all of us. I still think I'm right though. I just don't see why this has to happen again and again, and again. I've been out what, 2/3 times in the last 3 months? And this.. Bah. I know I'm not supposed to feel like this but still. I think some things go way past the line.

Gah. Anw my friend made a terrible joke yesterday night, he said: This only happens once every red moon. -___- Hahaha damn poor.

Okay I think I have arrived at the end of my post. The Wombats are pretty good I think. I think I should do something, inaction is as culpable as a wrong action, sometimes. Hmmmmm. G'night then.

No comments:

Post a Comment