Saturday 11 June 2011

The Lot Of Children.

It is the lot of children to watch their parents pass away. I cannot imagine the day that this should come to pass. My grandfather passed away on friday. I wonder what my dad is going through now. In the space of 1-2 years he's lost a brother and a father. I cannot imagine what I would do were I in his place.

I wish I could be with my father now, providing what comfort I can. But I'm not. I'm stuck in camp, because of my colossal stupidity. Me and my confinements, which I had taken to wearing like a badge, and now what is there to be proud about? I shouldn't be here.

Does my father know I grieve for him, his loss? My fear is that he doesn't. If I only were a better son.

So we were at Our Church of the Lady Lourdes, which was quite a pleasant place. That was the first time I went to that side of Bugis though, which is quite pathetic really. At least I had good bak kut teh before booking back in to camp.

And I've just watched 3 movies, which is quite a feat dontcha think? Actually it's cause they were none of them 100% buffered and we were jumping between 3 different movies, which is srsly such a pain in my neck's ass. So I watched Hanna, Water for Elephants and Red Riding Hood, of which Hanna was the only one I really wanted to watch.

I mean I like Reese Witherspoon, but Edward Cullen.. My friends and I were remarking every single time he gave that "I am a sexy beast e.g. vampire" look. And his name was Jacob so he must have been a vampwolf or sth. But truly the most remarkable crime committed was by Cristoph Waltz, for he stole every scene he was in. But aiya, he might be typecast as exactly this sort of character after such sterling performances in Inglorious Basterds and this. Reminiscent of Daniel Day Lewis in Gangs of New York, a little.

Red Riding Hood was pretty meh. Wasn't very scary, wasn't gory, wasn't very romantic, just very dark. And dark is very bad when you're watching a pixellated version online, like 128x96 or sth. Btw Amanda Seyfried (sp?) has scary eyes, I don't see how she's pretty at all :/

And Hanna! Cate Blanchett was awesome, and so was Saoirse Ronan, srsly how old is she?! The soundtrack was pretty crazy, and some of those scenes were epilepsy-inducing. The movie was quite like Bourne, actually, which is a good thing.

Now I'm loading King's Speech and Rango. After that will be Tangled. I might watch Fair Game simply cause it's yet another spy movie, and because of Sean Penn. Er I think that's more than enough to have on my plate right now.

"So you lost your trust
And you never should have."

I wonder if that means never to lose your trust, or never to trust at all.

Anyways goodbyes, shall tango with the rango now.

No comments:

Post a Comment