Friday 22 April 2011

Love And Sorrow, They Come In Waves.

Hei lo. I was thinking of "sorrow comes in waves" or sth like that cause I knew I read sth about that somewhere, and google told me it was Shakespeare with "When sorrows come, they come not single spies, but in battalions." The Bard indeed eh?

Anw I had this sudden thought because I was all of a sudden swamped by this very odd feeling just now, while on my way home on the MRT. A very odd feeling of.. dissatisfaction. Like something vital (or precious) is missing. Curiously unsettled. Ill at ease. Like there's something gnawing at my subconscious (or conscious or unconscious wtv) but I just can't put my finger on it. Troubled over nothing in particular, really. Just a weird mood that descended and settled on me.

But yesterday (wednesday that is) was bad. I'm such a disappointment srsly. A burden. I was damn poor. Ohwell. At least I had nights-out and ate at The Soup Restaurant at tampines.

And today I ate Out of the Pan at Raffles Place, so I've been having some gastronomical adventures! I had a crêpe for dinner okay! I felt so classy haha. Then I came home and lo & behold my dad offered me beer. Bewildered?! Actually they bought tsingtao beer specially for me just because I was there during sailing -.- And my dad asked me to try the asahi beer, which I'd never had before, so I did. And I ate peanuts too. So from classy crêpe guy I became this beer guzzling peanut chomping uncle sigh. Imma become fattssy boms boms with beerbelly soon.

I had dinner alone on both occasions, and in fact I had to shake my friends off to have dinner alone at the soup restaurant. There is a solace in solitude don't they know? Like watching movies alone (which I know nobody believes in, somehow!)

My random thought for the day is that: We must not admit the existence of hope, for once we do, it becomes a real thing. And real things, as we all know, cause real hurt. What we do not admit, what we choose not to believe, cannot hurt us.

Anw everytime I try to sing There is a Light That Never Goes Out in my head, I segue into Morrisey's Suedehead. "Take me out tonight / I'm so sorry." And I never manage to get the song. That's what happens when the lead singer of some band buggers off and pursues a solo career. Confusion reigns!

On that note, I was listening to songs on my friends ipod until he remarked that the songs I was choosing were mostly from 500 days of summer. I was like "Oh. Ya hor." At the moment he said that, I had just embarked on Regina Spektor's Hero and I realized I knew exactly which part of the movie the song played. It was an awesome part. Poor Tom.

It's extra awesome to hear a song you like in a movie you like isn't it! Walking on a Dream (or Standing on the Shore?) by Empire of the Sun and Temper Trap's Sweet Disposition. Little pleasant surprises when watching a movie. Brilliant soundtrack, really, when you think of She's Got You High and all that.

And Zooey Deschanel's rendition of Please, Please Let Me Get What I Want! By the way I really like the ending song of Bourne Identity (Extreme Ways by Moby) which I recall even though I watched the movie on Funshion like more than a year ago haha. And then there's You'll Be In My Heart from Tarzan [hands up if you recall Tarzan and Jane! (Not just that silly song)]

I drafted a list of 70 songs (that's 2 pages in my journal book) that I'd want on my playlist now, mostly off the top of my head, and I think I came up with a pretty good one hehe. I tried as best I could to have as wide a spread as I could, meaning less of the usual stuff I listen to (possibly also cause I might have tired of them a little.)

Arctic Monkeys - 505
The xx - Islands
The xx - Crystalised
The Naked and Famous - Young Blood
Tilly & the Wall - Heartbeats
Florence and the Machine - You've Got The Love
Mew - 156
Tegan & Sara - Walking With A Ghost
Mumford and Sons - Little Lion Man
White Stripes - Seven Nation Army
Yeah Yeah Yeah's - Runaway
Anberlin - Unwinding Cable Car
The Naked and Famous - Serenade
Death Cab for Cutie - Transatlanticism
Death Cab for Cutie - We Are Tourists
Lover Lover - Freebirds
Empire of the Sun - Walking on a Dream
Empire of the Sun - Standing on the Shore
Empire of the Sun - We are the People
Garbage - You Look So Fine
The Strokes - Reptilia
Kaiser Chiefs - Ruby
Imogen Heap - Hide and Seek
Camera Obscura - Hey Lloyd I'm Ready To Be Heartbroken
Belle and Sebastian - Write About Love
Belle and Sebastian - Waking Up to Us
Belle and Sebastian - Another Sunny Day
Aqualung - Strange and Beautiful
Jimmy Eat World - Nightdrive
Depeche Mode - Mr Strangelove
Arcade Fire - Crown of Love
Eisley - Many Funerals
John Mayer - Heartbreak Warfare
Regina Spektor - Raindrops
Regina Spektor - Hero
Snow Patrol - Set the Fire to the Third Bar
Queen - Radio Ga Ga
Red Hot Chili Peppers - Don't Forget Me
Coldplay - Amsterdam
Coldplay - God Put A Smile Upon Your Face
Coldplay - Lhuna
Coldplay - X&Y
Neon Trees - Animal
The Bee Gees - How Deep Is Your Love
Frou Frou - It's Good to be in Love
Elbow - Grounds for Divorce
The Carpenters - Close to You
Camera Obscura - Let's Get Out of This Country
The Smiths - There is a Light That Never Goes Out
The Killers - Sweet Talk
The Killers - Change Your Mind
MGMT - Love Always Remains
The Cure - Just Like Heaven
The Beatles - While My Guitar Gently Weeps
Modest Mouse - Dashboard
Blur - Song 2
Morrissey - Suedehead
Radiohead - My Iron Lung
Kings Of Convenience - Know How
Guns 'N Roses - November Rain
U2 - Sometimes You Can't Make it on Your Own
La Roux - I'm Not Your Toy
La Roux - Tigerlily
Mumm-Ra - She's Got You High
She & Him - Please, Please, Please Let Me Get What I Want
Regina Spektor - Us
Temper Trap - Sweet Disposition
Radiohead - High and Dry
Zee Avi - First of the Gang
Sufjan Stevens - For the Widows in Paradise, For the Fatherless in Ypsilanti

Ta-da. May your Friday be a very Good one indeed, hope you manage to spot a bunny or two, and proceed to mercilessly rob him of his egg, although what business a bunny has with an egg is absolutely unfathomable to my poor mind, so he probably deserves to be mugged anyways.

Happy Easter all.

No comments:

Post a Comment