Saturday 23 April 2011

As Right As Rain (of pH < 7.)

There are two thoughts warring in my head now. The first is to sleep right now and clear some of my sleep debt (which runs into the hundreds of hours, believe you me you me you.) The other is to document my current suffering. For what is suffering undocumented?

Really not sth I'd intended to embark upon but it reminds me of that character from The Joke, the guy who wrote the letters from prison or sth. Sth about narcissism or sth, I can't recall. About how self-serving his suffering was or sth like that. Ohwell clearly not gonna be able to come up with much with my current state of mind.

(Would you be able to put up with suffering if you knew for a fact that nobody would ever know, much less care?)

So yeah, right now I feel about as right as shite. No sleep on thursday night (I blame DotA HAHA), arriving back home at 3+ last night, and waking up at 7am this morning to book in for confinement. Life sux to the macks. Make that lives. More than enough suffering to go around. I was just thinking about it and I came to the conclusion that I am positively depressively miserable. :(

(Discovery of the Day :O - A quick search told me that manic depression is also bipolar disorder, which actually is sort of obvious if you consider the word mania technically.)

But pretty worth it nonetheless! Last night was happening, man. I only left the house at 5pm, but it seems like we managed to squeeze in quite a bit eh? Hurray to boyz nightz outz.

Marche (what an interesting concept! Actually no. Glamourized foodcourt with pricetags that set your heart racing haha. It's terrible but I've never been there, I wonder where I've been all this while. So many places I've never been sigh.)

then Cold Stone (apparently the original version which Cold Rock is based on, and not the other way round! And you can't beat an ice cream with a name like, I can't rmb exactly, but it's sth like Apple Pie a la Sth Sth Something. Nothing shouts classy and awesome like a name consisting of "a la", that and the use of italics ofc.)

then pool (heaps of embarrassment there! I was outrageously bad haha. To think it's been 4 years since I first picked it up and thought myself a little master back then. I'm a-shambles now!!)

then Source Code (which I must say, was super enjoyable and way better than I'd expected. Nothing spectacular or original or breathtaking or arresting or wtv, just entertaining fare is all, but still better than most of all the film fodder out there.)

then tauhuey (we got the prime location, that is, the tables by the road, with the unfortunate drawback of being unceromoniously chased away of course.)

then 3N (the midnight bus, for those of you who are unnocturnal, innocturnal, disnocturnal, whatevurnal. Misnocturnal?! Haha sry. 40mins is an interminable wait though. But it goes almost straight to my doorstep. Life is a many-splendoured thing.)

then I was home!

Brilliant, eh? Finally someone bothered to ask me out, and made me feel like I be cool again. Thanks kinonn (my favourite rugby captain. also my only one.) And Lucas Off-His-Rockers (it rhymes you know, wow.) And Thor (who otherwise is known more affectionately as woonshin and to whom the rest of us are merely blips on the wrong end of the bell curve ):

I have to add how loser-ish it is to keep falling asleep on the train/bus. On my way to somerset I was trying to read my book but kept nodding off even while standing. I got about as far as page 8. A Wild Sheep Chase by Murakami no less. I collided my forehead with this lady's back too, thankfully only once, when I drifted off to sleep and my knees buckled. Sth is terribly wrong when I can describe that scene and include the word "thankfully" haha.

And on the way home I kept dropping my handphone and book, like at least 3 times. Startled myself awake and had to give those surreptitious glances around to see if anyone noticed haha. Probably everyone lah, bing biang boom went my phone. The best part is in trying to pretend that I didn't fall asleep (and look extremely foolish) so must act all nonchalant and act like it's a very normal thing to be dropping my possesions all over the floor. Horrid.

Loser-ish man. I think buckling knees are embarrassing in the extreme!

But srsly if I didn't keep dropping my stuff I'd probably have missed my bus stop man. I'm not sure if anyone ever feels this but there's this phenomena I experience where the closer I am to my stop, the more likely is it that I'll fall asleep. I can even doze off (and ultimately miss my stop) when I'm 1/2 bus stops away! Weird phenomena. Like the lift-pee phenomenon where the moment you step into the lift and it closes you have this unbearable urge to relieve yourself. Haha yurgh.

Sokay. Now I arrive at the end of my post. Young Marble Giants and Portishead my new discoveries after listening to some of their songs which were in a The xx playlist on youtube (which clearly is a misnomer) and I thought they sounded pretty interesting. Maybe the xx were influenced by them or sth, in particular Young Marble Giants I think. Good songs to sleep to too haha. Wooo!

Armed with A Wild Sheep Chase(Murakami) Sandman: Book of Dreams (Neil Gaiman, or at least Gaiman influenced) and How Late It Was, How Late (James Kelman) against the dastardly confinement! I'm gonna win, you know.

Well have a nice Good-Easter Saturday. G'day!

No comments:

Post a Comment