Monday 18 April 2011

Little Lion Man & His Rabbit Heart.

There was this turtle
He was purple
So he was, a purple turtle!

Purple turtle's name was Myrtle
At super slow speeds he could hurtle
But he was, no wartortle.

:(


"But it was not your fault but mine
And it was your heart on the line."

"Midas is king and he holds me so tight
And turns me to gold in the sunlight"

Hilow. I have just frittered my whole day away, despite that I have a test tmr, that I have grave suspicions I will do awfully in. WHY?! you may ask. The answer most likely, is that I am a burden. And lazy. And an idiot. And hooked onto some awesome shite on youtube.

Seriously. I-youtube-d my day away (paradoxical I-You there) and abit of mrbrownshow as well, and talk cock sessions. Holy smokes! The nonsense we talked about were quite fantastic, really, from Qui-gon Jinn and Darth Maul to the Rugrats and movie posters and travelling and rhyming the word turtle and Love and other things besides. Mucho fun. And bad poetry, according to my friend HAHA.

So that was my inspiration for Purple Turtle which is absolutely atrocious, I know! Hahahaha. I had way too much fun composing that, that and the dearth of rhyming words, I could only think up hurtle and Myrtle really. So that was that! Hope you found it as wonderfully awful as I did :))))

So what I really wanted to say is that The xx are seriously too good. I can't stop listening to them! Crystallized is awesome and so is Islands (awesome video there too) and of course their other stuff too. I feel like I could just lose myself in them. There's something brilliantly haunting about their songs. So yeah that's the main point of this post!

Was also listening to other stuff like Little Lion Man which I first heard a few months back but didn't really like, think it's pretty good now though. And Florence and the Machine who I realized looks gorgeous, I mean, her hair and those legs?! (check out the video for You've Got The Love haha) Not right at all. Oh and Adele too, what a voice eh? Particularly like the video for Chasing Pavements. And The Naked and Famous, again, I like the female singer lots! Haha.

A little bit of We The Kings (undecided as to whether I like them much, although I only discovered that the 'run baby run' was Check Yes Juliet haha) Two Door Cinema Club and Tokyo Police Club (both equally undecided) The White Stripes (only like the song Seven Nation Army) The Kooks (what accents, have to listen to them abit more though) Tegan and Sara (Walking With A Ghost) and re-listening some of the older songs I used to have from the Raconteurs and Spoon (which I clean forgot about.)

That was basically my day. Except that I finished Paddy Clarke Ha Ha Ha too. I'm not sure how to describe it actually. But it was damn good. As it neared the end.. heartwrenching. I especially loved the parts about Sinbad, may be an older brother thing. Sigh. Authors who can narrate an entire story from a different perspective are genius. To capture childlike thought patterns and speech or sth (A Clockwork Orange comes to mind) is something I could never do, so I find it really unbelievable how they manage to do stuff like that. Oh and Flowers for Algernon as well.

My mother was such a dear today, she msged me to ask me why I didn't go home (I clean forgot to inform my family about my confinementSSS) and when I told her maybe another 3 weeks before I'm home, she asked, Won't you run out of supplies? Haha! I think she's quite sad that I'm never home :/

I might get to nip home for a bit this friday though, apparently we're not allowed to be confined on public holidays. I MUST restock on my books cause I have no reading material left (I can borrow a few rather good reads from my friend, but I don't much like borrowing stuff) On a slightly pertinent note that 100 books question thing on facebook featured quite a few of the books that I have bought but have yet to read. I really need to catch up on my reading.

By the by, Shirley Manson of Garbage is also gorgeous, cuz I'm listening to them now. Except when she goths up too much lah.

Alright I've got nothing much to add except for the Shenanigans my body has been up to against me.

I think my large intestines are quietly leading a dark conspiracy to oust my mind from mine body. My tummy (diarrhea) my thighs (oh the burnnnnn) my brain (that most cunning of conniving connivers.) I'm convinced they are up to some vile shenanigans against me. Foul!

Waging holy war against me and my evil eating habits. Tummy terror. Yurgh. 3 weeks of indigestion now :(

Thanksfully, I visited the medical officer and got medicine + antibiotics. Evil has been stamped out. The Fight Against Terror has been won. God bless America. Okay whatever.

Alright goodnight for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment