Sunday 30 January 2011

Her Glow Is Like Braille To The Night.

I hope this isn't a long post. I have many sleeps to catch up! Worsest week is over, it is time to rejoice! Hurrah. 1 hour or less of sleep every night (or no sleep at all, as is the wont) isn't an experience I'm keen to relive, and the final execution of the exercise itself was even more mentally taxing (I thought it'd be a breeze argh.) At least I performed pretty decently, I think! Yey.

I think having something to look forward to helped loads. Be it the night (it's still comforting to be in it even when you're armed with the knowledge you aren't gonna get much sleep) or the weekends (which in retrospect I wouldn't have if I'd known I'd be confined!!!!! Sometimes foreknowledge is overrated) or food (I almost had to truck in my food supplies. Hot chocolate in the dead of night makes me happy. 'Nuff said) or any other pleasant things you have in mind. Which was odd cause I didn't expect to have many pleasant things in mind, so surprise surprise! I did. Fascinating. The week felt pretty surreal really.

So yeah. Hapz week training wise, then booked out for all of 8 hours. Home was a touch and go affair, I tarried there for maybe 15mins tops, before heading out again without even changing out of my clothes! Horrible feeling. Went shopping, or rather, attempted shopping. The only things I managed to purchase were for my friends, and only cause they were necessities. I think I need some guidance, like a How-To or a Shopping for Dummies or sth. I can't continue feeling clueless everytime I step into a boutique or sth.

So, as you may have realized, I'm back in camp. The gloriously awaited weekend I'd been longing for all week did not materialize. It's okay. I will stay stronk. At least I managed to go to zhikai's place to get the CNY goodies from his mom! Talk about saving grace. $102 on gastronomical satisfaction. Almond cookies, pineapple tarts, macedamian (however in the world do you spell this?!!) cookies, kueh bangkit, something else and something else. I can't even recall what I bought I was just like nodding my head at whatever suggestions she threw at me. Don't get to enjoy them this weekend though :((

So, we watched the Green Hornet. It was a terrible idea. Conversely, you could say that it was a great idea. It saved everyone of us the $10 dollars or so we'd have otherwise squandered meaninglessly. It was god-awful. The protagonist was such an asshole I don't even know why anyone would be rooting for him at all. Pui. The number of retardedly cringeworthy lines was honestly quite astonishing. It was trying really hard to be funny, and as much as I value effort, the result was disastrous. What a hateful movie. I'm so upset with myself that I actually sat through the whole thing. ARGH!!!

So, another thing I was looking forward to but could not happen was the dinner tonight. I'm sorry guys, circumstances gave me no other choice than to miss dinner! No full attendance today, and it's my fault. I have failed the circle.. But it's okay there's still CNY or sth so it's not all doom and gloom! Must squeeze in a mahjong session sometime or not this CNY will never be regarded as a proper CNY. No ZMMT no CNY spirit. That's one of my core values.

So today, the hills were alive with the sound of rain! That's cause I was at Bukit Batok, so that classifies as a hill, so my cultural reference werks out perfectly yahoo. I mention this cause I've been getting caught in the rain all day, which would have been delightful had I not been in my liberty rig (the white shirt black pants combo that is.) I got trapped in a coffeeshop for many minutes and it was like an odd little oasis of calm where I was stuck in limbo and doing nothing, in a day where I was trying to pack as many things as I could into my 8hours in the free world. Rain makes one so muse-y (I don't mean the band.)

So, would it be nicer as 'braille in the night' or 'braille to the night'? I was pretty undecided between the two, but I think having 'to the night' sort of gives nighttime character, rather than being just a situation. If you know what I'm talking about. I like how the word braille is used, it's such a unique turn of phrase. The line's lifted from a song by the way, I'm not so cunning in my use of english to come up with something that could include braille in it!

One of my biggest takeaways this week is the importance of affirmation. Not that I didn't already know its importance, but actually getting some form of it does make me feel happy indeed! I hope it doesn't blow my head up instead though haha! Coincidentally there was also peer appraisal done this morning, and the comments were surprisingly decent! Such a morale-booster.

It's like everytime you do something, you leave this morale cannister behind. But you can't activate it. And when someone does (by acknowledging your good work or sth) FWOOOOSH!!!! MORALE +50! Or sth like that. I should sleep soon.

Anw the whole week Ive been listening to music, more like re-listening actually. Coldplay probably emerges tops this week. Fix You (Tears stream, down your face) and X&Y (I want to love you but I don't know if I can) being 2 of the standouts. Death Cab comes next, First was Transatlanticism (I need you so much closer) which I don't have on my mp3 but I suddenly remembered and youtube-d, and which I think is breathtaking, both song and lyrics. We Looked Like Giants (And I held you closer, than anyone would ever get) is a perfect example of how awesome they sound when they go all rock-y, and A Lack Of Colour which is perenially one of my favourite songs (I should have given you a reason to stay.) Jolly good stuff!

Oh and there's The Unwinding Cable Car by Anberlin, which could be worth a listen!

So as usual this did turn out to be a long post. Whoever heard of anyone typing themselves to tiredness?! I do believe I'm the only idiot who does that. Fare thee well sleep, my idiot fingers just won't stop! It's a tragedy.

A twinge is all. That's all I needed to know.

No comments:

Post a Comment