Wednesday 2 February 2011

We'll Dice With Aphrodite And Beat Her At Her Game.

This is so peculiar. I typed a post 2 nights ago at 2am but it doesn't seem to have materialized. So here I am at 8:08pm on tuesday. Nothing much has happened except for the start and stop of the rain again and again. Sporadic drizzles/showers (idk the exact difference between the two) all day. Some days were made for such light fleeting rain, some days were made for thunderstorms. Haven't had rolling thunder in a while though.

I like the use of the word rolling as an adjective (I'm not sure, but I'm certain it's not an adverb or a noun or whatever) e.g. rolling hills, or rolling thunder. It just has a very.. vast and epic sound to it. When I think of rolling hills I think of those green hills in new zealand or sth where Aragorn Legolas and Gimli undertook their epic journey a few years ago.

Which reminds me, I'll probably have to scrap my plans to travel to NZ this year. I wuz hoping that I could clear all my leave this year + block leave that's granted and travel Down Under. Do a tour of aussie and then a short one in NZ. Unfortunately though I don't think that's too feasible now :( There are quite a few cities in australia I intend to go to i.e. Sydney, Adelaide, Melbourne, maybe Perth, Brisbane and Queensland? Actually, wherever there's friends or family I guess, since it's not likely I'll go there any other time in the near future, so might as well meet up and catch up right?

Of course I have my ulterior motives too. If maybe some of them puts me up for just a day or two, I'll save a bundle! I think my cousin will, and my auntie (if she's in the country), there's probably another cousin there who will too. So that's 3 different destinations I have covered, hehe. IIRC (one of the few acronyms I like) they're in Adelaide, Sydney and er, Perth? Actually I think I have another auntie there too. That makes 4 destinations, but I only know 3 of them. Hmm. Anyhoo, that means alot of $$ I don't need to spend. I'm hoping (dreaming) of getting at least 2 weeks off. 14 days, my budget shall be.... S$1000? I'll try to subsist with that, ~$70/day should be fine.

Oh. Then you have to include air tickets and all. Ahhhhhhhhhhhh!! I'm not even spending any money yet but I'm feeling the acute lack already. Sigh. And I'm paying for reunion dinner tomorrow too. SIGH. And I have to give my parents angbao too. SIGH! Okay lah actually, the angbao's just a token sum, and they'll be giving me angbaos in return too haha. It's all symbolic, you see. And I still haven't given mommy her pocket money for this month. And I have yet to shop for myself too. Sighhhhhhhhhhhhh.

Will be sailing up north this time, I heard the temperature might go below 10 degrees! Yippee. I'm quite looking forward to MSTD actually. Also another point to note is that I'll not have any duties for the next 9 weeks. Double-edged sword though, I think it's gonna be a pretty tough 9 weeks! Sorta disappointing though.

Hmmm just wondering, when you think of Goddess of Love who do you think of? I'm caught between Aphrodite and Venus, can't decide which of them is a more agreeable Goddess. I think Aprohdite sounds cooler though. I suddenly had to choose between the two of them cause I was thinking of sth which went: We'll dice with Aphrodite and beat her at her game. Random thought of the day hurray.

Anyway that was 8:08pm, now it's 2:40am. B-Z as a BEE all of a sudden ugh. So the witching hour is almost upon us! Actually that's sort of unclear, cause I'm not too sure what time exactly that starts. I'd assume 3am though, 2am doesn't quite have as dark a feeling as 3am does. Hello hello it's the witching hour, don't you run away and cower!

So it's the start of the shortest month in the year. Can't decide if that's a good thing or not, it's like you're being cheated of 3 days/year, then again if you're suffering or sth then you'll probably go like "phew feb will be over and done with in just 28days!" or sth. But by the end of this month, I will be thousands of nautical miles away from here, more likely than not suffering like a canine, and longinggggggggg to be home. Ohwell. It's gonna be fun!

Anw I was discussing with one of my friends today and we concluded we'd love to visit a port that's way up north, so we can get to wear our jackets and gloves and stuff like that. Then we realized we both shared the same dream of one day getting to wear, wait for it.. a trenchcoat! I think trenchcoats look totally awesome srsly. Coupled with one of those hats Sherlock Holmes wears, or those..... (Okay so I went and googled and actually managed to find a hat glossary woohoo!) Bowler hats! Reminds me of The Unbearable Lightness of Being.

So yeah I told myself that however I'm going to make it happen, I have to live somewhere I get to wear trenchcoats at least for a short while. Hopefully not too old or not I'll be all old and saggy and won't look at all awesome in it. Haha! Vanity. But I'm not the only guy who has ever thought of that so at least I feel quite reassured! Nonetheless, vanity! Hahaa whatever.

Well. We men manufacture our own luck. That was my second random thought of the day. Just thought of it, not sure how it applies. Maybe it refers to those times when you're waiting and waiting, just waiting, for something to happen. And you think that, surely! something good is going to happen to me, my luck will turn soon! So yeah, it could mean sth like that I guess. Or maybe it's about creating opportunities for yourself or sth. Be your own Providence, or sth.

Hokay so that shall be all, booking out tomorrow, for a glorious 4+ days! Probably be so bz enjoying myself I shan't update at all. Then I'll be onboard ship and not be able to due to the possible lack of internet (damn!) Next week is gonna suck if we don't have internet access :/ Ohwell sigh, let's see how things go then. Happy CNY all, don't gorge yourself on ba kwa and almond cookies and all their delicious friends okay!

No comments:

Post a Comment