Tuesday 15 February 2011

V-day Thosai!

I know right, I'm such a beast when it comes to rhyming. Last year I had V-day Dismay! and decided I probably couldn't come up with something cooler this time around, so I thought really hard and settled with thosai. So I did eat my thosai yesterday, along with a mushroom egg prata and a milo blended shake smoothie (idk there are so many names for almost the same thing) from Jalan Kayu Roti Prata, which was ofc overpriced, but savory nonetheless. Yey singlehood, eh?

My excuse for not having a Valentine this Valentine's (there was a St. Valentine, I believe, so this is his day and not a day for all the Valentines out there, although I guess it also is, it's just a matter of the apostrophe) is booking out at 9pm. Last year it was CNY. Next year it'll be (hopefully) cause I'm abroad. And the year after, and the year after. I am redeemed of all Valentine's Days for the foreseeable future! Ahah. It's such a pressurizing thing if you're attached though, have to reserve tables, or tickets, and buy massively overpriced flowers/bouquets of it/balloons/gifts, and you're fighting for all those with tons of other pressured men out there. And then you walk down the street and Hot Damn! Some other girl is holding like 4000 red roses (real, and real expensive ones) and you feel so inadequate?! Terribad.

Invariably everyone makes that extra effort on V-day and does sth special or sth, even does who proclaim that "Everyday is V-day" thing. I don't believe in that statement, actually. I don't think love is a constant thing, as in, you can't consistently 100% of the time love someone 100%, much as you'd like to. So having a V-day (or rather the concept of it, the actual V-day is a logistical nightmare for guys) is nice, I guess. One extra event to celebrate your being in love, who wouldn't want that?

I didn't mean to say all that, I just wanted to tell the world I had a V-day Thosai actually. My post-V-Day act of love shall be to donate blood. And after that to catch the lovely Natalie Portman in action in Black Swan (*swoon*) I'll kill myself if I miss it before sailing (which is tmr urgh. excitation trepidation, 2-in-1 instant mix.) I really wanted to spend the whole day myself, a Me-Day, but my parents want me to have dinner with them at home, so I guess I shall. Maybe leave home after dinner for the movie or sth, and return home in the dead of night feeling so accomplished [for not spending the whole day at home on my comp (on my bed) like I'm doing now] and self-satisfied. Seeing as the next 6 weeks onboard ship is gonna be hellish and in close quarters with like a hundred smelly boys/men (we're in transition you see,) this I must say: Some me time, thank you!

Anw I have to say it's pretty fun roaming about Singapore. That day I just explored Holland V myself (I must be quite the loser cause I've only ever been there for xlb or sth, and I've only ever been there maybe 3/4 times? Nolifer.) and basically just walked around looking at the shops and stuff. I was pretending to be a tourist so nobody would stare at me like I was some lost idiot Singaporean, which I was. It's fun to imagine you're a tourist in Singapore, cause when you're a tourist you're uninhibited by societal norms and you're less aware of the embarrassing things you do too, haha! And I bet you there are countless places in sg you've never been to, so why not start here if you feel like traveling? Sometimes I feel like just hopping on a train/bus and stop wherever catches my eye. Unfortunately, I don't have the time to do stuff like that now, and it's a sad truth that this has been classified under "stuff like that", meaning all the things which in an ideal world you'd like to do, but in reality will probably never do. Suckz or whatz.

I'll be off now, to donate blood (my 2nd time, and my 1st alone) and to settle the numerous admin nonsenses I have to before setting sail. Happy Post-V-Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment