Saturday 5 February 2011

Grace Marked Your Heart.

I'm stuck in a quandary here. Should I sleep (sweet sweet sleep) or stay awake? Weighing the pros and cons. Sleeping means I feel good about myself (yey) and get some much needed rest to burn people during touch tmr. But I might oversleep and aforementioned burning will not actually happen, which is not very good at all. So confused?@#$!?

I'll leave that decision for later, so for now I'll just type for a bit. Procrastination is ALWAYS the answer. I'll tell you why later, hah. Okay so about decisions, I signed up for both 2xu and sundown, so I have no reason to not start training. I shall clock at least a few kilometres this weekend, buy new running shoes and break them in. So exciting. Hopefully a good 2 hour run, and hopefully my knees/ankles don't give way. I'm terrified I'll injure myself doing 42km. Shite!

I'm super tempted to buy an itouch actually. But maybe I should hold my horses and get an iphone instead? Argh. Yet another dilemma. What happened to the easy paths in life?! I played this game called gravity guy (and many other games ofc, just that I'd like to crow about my gravity guy prowess) on my sister's iphone, and it was so fun heh. Buttttt I don't want to be a no-lifer tapping away at an iphone all day. (Oh the irony. Keyboard smashing playing dota isn't that much different. I'm still a no-lifer newayz.) So maybe I shan't? Gah.

Btw I played pool today, the first time in manymany months and I got destroyed. Hahaha. It was humiliating, shameful, an embarrassment! Left me feeling so deflated, right until we played dota and I showed everyone who's their daddy. Hahaha I'm joking of course. Hope everyone else had as much fun as me though I was having a blast losing every round of pool and all.

Anw I was listening to the song I'm Waking Up To Us by Belle and Sebastian. I thought it was about someone who woke up in the morning to "us", that is waking up beside the person he loved or sth and so it was a nice happy song. Until I listened carefully and I realized "waking up to us" had a different meaning altogether. That's exactly the power of words, how they're laden with meanings that mean differently to everyone who reads them, how they can have such vastly different meanings depending on the person who beholds those words.

Speaking of which I'm almost finished with Mr. Franz Kafka and his short stories now. So difficult to sit through my goodness. Almost a month now since I started on it, and since I can't bear to not finish a book once I begin, the rest of my reading has been held up too. Still so many unread books sitting all over my room. And they all look so appealing too. Sigh. I must read finish Metamorphosis by this long weekend!

I'm listening to Friday I'm In Love now. So happy to have worn my Friday I'm In Love shirt today, feel like such a cool dude, yeah! I realize that actually I have alot of clothes now, good thing I didn't try for some new year shopping or sth. Still want to get a dress shirt though.

I think I shall sleep for a bit. I'm used to precious little sleep anyway, waking up should pose no problem for me, or at least I fervently hope so! Btw I gave my word not to tell anyone on facebook that it got hacked or anything, and I won't delete that post either, but let me just say it here for the record that IT WASN'T ME WHO TYPED THAT! "My date is hot" or wtv, ohno! I think it might just be super embarrassing.

I don't know why but I'm plagued by these doubts now. Like I don't match up or sth. Like it's all a pipe dream. Ohwell.

Anw my brother is reading this book - The Wisdom of Carl Jung- and I find that pretty interesting. Why, with all the countless fiction titles out there, would one choose to read sth from a psychologist who died years ago? I am somewhat interested in the topic, but never to the extent that I'd whip out my library card and borrow sth from Freud or Adler or sth. Although that book The Interpretation of Murder (featuring Dr. Sigmund) seemed pretty interesting.. but no. Btw amanda said sth I found highly amusing today, that Freud is such a sicko, hahah. All that sex and desire and all.

Okay. "I need someone to take some joy in something I do", a line from Waking Up To Us, and I do believe it rings true for all of us. Maybe, goodnight. Happy angpow collecting!

No comments:

Post a Comment