Thursday 10 November 2011

Like A Vulture In A Wasteland.

It takes a special genius to set an alarm on the laptop and leave the earpiece plugged in. The bloody alarm was beeping through the earpiece so frantically for more than an hour before I finally noticed it, so tiny was the sound. Woke up at 12:10 and by 12:30 I had left the house, after eating breakfast, taking a quick hot shower, and packing my stuff for the match. Pretty rapid eh?

An hour's drive down all the way down to Plymouth and I only played less than 10mins, spending the rest of the time freezing my ass off in my short shorts and short-sleeved shirt as the friggin' wind just buffeted the pitch. I need track pants and a sports jumper. And I think my legs are like icicles sticking out of my hips, so slow do I run. My one touch of the ball I got tackled by this big tall guy whom I had been certain I would outrun. Bummer. Too lazy to work on my sprints though. But I was shaking like a shaker fry out there, in the aftermath of rain. Proper november days we're getting now, all cold and chilly, but not unpleasant as of yet.

Celebrated my housemates birthday today at the Bella Italia. Sounds posh no? I was craving for some steak (after it appeared in the most awesome book I read yesterday) cause I realized I hadn't eaten a proper slab of beef since setting foot upon these shores. Good choice, whatwith the 50% off voucher to boot. And I had a dessert called The Godfather. Dramatic much! It was indeed quite epic though, Don Corleone would have approved.

Such sin does not however, go unpunished. I came home and laosai'd. I forgot to mention I had a slice of the birthday cake as well. Gluttony will be the death of me. Or maybe sloth? Perhaps wrath. zomg. De7an pls. (Srsly though that looks cool doesn't it! Hahahaha.) If you don't get me though, do watch Se7en, only one of the bestest movies EVER. Brad Pitt, Morgan Freeman, Kevin Spacey, and even Gwyneth Paltrow! (never thought much of her really, just another famous name, but after Shakespeare In Love I think she's not too bad)

The awesome book I read is titled The Sisters Brothers. It's a western, set in the Gold Rush of the 1800s. I embarked upon it late last night as I wanted to sleep, and what better way than to stare at little words assembled on little pages while in the amazing comfort of your bed right? Wrong. I couldn't put the book down and midway through it I marvelled to myself: Wow, this book is brilliant innit? Then continued reading. All done in one sitting. Strangely funny, for I hadn't expected something quite so humorous from something on the shortlist for the Man Booker prize (usually expect serious stuff that's heavy going and deep and profound on so many levels, no?)

Now I have no more books left though. Time for a visit to the bookshop soon, but I suspect I should make myself work for it. I'll try to put in a few more hours of study first sigh.

Time2Slip. I should start planning my christmas break out too huh. Good night whirl. (world)

P.s. I just have to add on cause I chanced upon the article which said that Singaporean women wouldn't date shorter men. That's outrageous and upsetting :( Not say we don't want to be tall.. Anyway if anything they should be amazed at how we manage to fit so much goodness into such small frames HAHA. And I mean, why would anyone want to resemble a BRONTOSAURUS?!?! (Click here for image) Yes, I'm talking about you woonshin. Albeit a Very Dashing one indeed. (I did warn you about impending war.) Ta then.

No comments:

Post a Comment