Friday 7 October 2011

You Could Be Teflon.

How is it that the stupid sticky notes, don't stick at all?! I'd have thought the whole point of the silly thing was so that it'd stick on top of all the pages/windows you've got opened or something. At least it should have that option! Teflon-notes, that's what they are.

Anyway I made a (not so)sticky-note upon waking up this morning, cause I wanted to write down what I'd dreamt about. "weird dream where i was trying to grow long hair but my head looked too small so i abandoned it." How very terrifying! I am in the midst of not-cutting-my-hair cause I want to see whether it is at all possible that my hair be flat, instead of all spiky all the time. Which means I'm gonna have to go through a phase of not-long-not-short hair in which I'm going to look perfectly awful. Hahahaha. In my dream my hair remained stubbornly spiky, so I ended up looking like, idk, the sun or something.

I finished The Particular Sadness of Lemon Cake today. Which is the same day I started on it. Which probably tells you all you need to know about the book, considering I had 4 hours of lecture today and reached home at about 4pm. Which also means I will have to purchase more books now HAHA. Portends something awful now, don't it dear wallet!

In a rare bit of curiosity and interest surrounding my blog, Anon asked me how I chose my books. Unfortunately I don't really have a straight answer to that, so I replied with something that was probably wayyyyy too long. Sorry bout that. I'm just not that good at explaining myself perhaps. Still, I like knowing that someone actually reads this, and even responds to it! Not very often I get that, no, le sigh.

BTW did you know the origins of le sigh! Apparently it's from Pepe le Pew, which if you don't recognize, is the Loony Tunes' French skunk lover! zomgz so long time ago.

Maybe you just let it all slide. Insults, compliments, the world. You could be so impervious to it all. But please don't let yourself be Teflon. Then nothing sticks. People get tired of trying so hard, only to slip away, again. Let people hold on to you, sometimes. We're not all bad. Stop fighting so hard to be free, cause absolute freedom is to be found only in absolute loneliness, and we weren't made for that.

It's been getting colder (quite stating the obvious here, I'm such a waste of time and space) and I might have to whip out my coolio leather jacket soon! My hoodie isn't quite powerful enough to stave off the wind, lessons learnt on the extent of what £6 (how annoying that the keyboard doesn't have the sign for pounds) gives you. I'm gonna buy a beanie too, the reasons for that are twofold (a) to keep my poor head warm, and my ears (b) to hide the shockingly ugly (see also: ji chou) hair that I'm gonna sprout in a couple of weeks!

Oh dang I'd wanted to put Love is a Laserquest as the title for my next post, but I went and forgot about it until after I'd thought up this new one. So up it goes on the side there, Theeeeeeee... ARCTIC MONKEYS! I really like the lyrics and the understatement of the song.

"I've tried to ask you this in some daydreams that I've had,
But you're always busy being make-believe
"

"When I'm pipe and slippers and rocking chair
Singing dreadful songs about summer"

I like how that describes being old. And I shall proceed with getting old, unfortunately though only for 6 and a ½ hours since I've gotta wake up at 7.30am in the morning. Le sigh!

No comments:

Post a Comment