Monday 17 October 2011

Manically Mechanical.

Hello all youse guys. I'm not sure if I'm falling sick or what (accursed fresher's flu) but since last night I've felt like a robot or something. Like I'm not even thinking at all, just going through the motions and stuff with restless energy. I just couldn't fall asleep, and my mind was a total blank. Felt a little like the onset of a fever bah.

I re-read my story and decided it wasn't super awful after all, although I'm still bewildered by how I managed to end up with that instead of what I'd set out to write?!?

Anyway I can't believe Wales lost nuuuuuuuuuu. I'd have supported them against the All Blacks even! Man. Heartbroken
Yesterday the International Society had a trip to Bath and Stonehenge and guess who was in the thick of it? If you guessed me then congratulations, you're pretty smart there! One of the World Heritage sites off my to-go list now, although the photos I took of Stonehenge weren't too good I think. Sun was too glaring :(

And guess what Bath is famous for? Roman baths, yeah. I never knew the Romans were in Brittania till yesterday so that speaks volumes about my poor grasp of history. The architecture in Bath is quite breathtaking, it's probably the prettiest city I've been to in my life (that doesn't say much haha!)

Okay I'm gonna have sunday roast dinner later, apparently another famous british tradition. I might just go and help with the preparation, since I'm slowly but surely becoming a mini-masterchef. I've made dinner which was not spaghetti or maggi, so surely that's an achievement. Although it was just boiling some pasta. And I made a smoked salmon bagel with cream cheese today. Posh eh? Of course I didn't make the bagel, I just put all the different parts together, but I think that's quite admirable! Hehe.

I guess it's difficult for people to be unfeeling. Sometimes you tell yourself not to feel, but you just can't. It ain't easy to be mechanical. But sometimes it's necessary, and it's the right thing to do. Sometimes it's the only thing to do.

ANW it's now 1am, like 9 hours after typing all the above, and I've had my roast dinner. Yorkshire pudding, roast beef and more. And an apple crumble whose crumble owes its existence to me! Yeah, I made it. All that butter and flour and whatnot. I am the master of the dessert.

I also had a nice little chat with swoonz and ang :))) First time I've talked to them in ages really, and it was great! Makes me realize how much I do miss home after all. Awwwwwww. Some worrying stuff too so I hope you guys manage to sort things out!

And you guys are egging me on to get featured on wodota srsly. HAHA. Okay I'm really tired after eating such a massive amount of food during dinner, practically comatose now. So buhbye.

No comments:

Post a Comment