Thursday 9 February 2012

Days Are Forgotten.

I forgot to mention my awesome saturday actually. It started off with actual snow, which I did mention. Actually it started off with me waking up at 9am. So that's 2 miracles within 10mins of my waking up. That already satisfies the criteria for a Super Saturday I think. But that wasn't all. I dropped my Horlicks and spilt the powder everywhere, so that takes it down a notch or seventeen.

There were CNY celebrations so I was treated to a brilliant display of fireworks on campus! Singaporeans are so starved for fireworks really, it's just NDP, NDP rehearsals (I think those feature fireworks) post-NDP firework spam, and my birthday. That is so self-aggrandizing. Which, I think, is the whole point of that phrase anyways. You feel more important and coolz just saying self-aggrandizing. I mean New Year's Day of course. It would have been mega brilliant had I not had a chap with a mega umbrella standing in front of me blocking half the show. I had to duck and weave around on the spot trying to get better angles, which really does wonders for one's Fool cred.

After that I returned home for dinner. Creamy chicken soup with croutons, leg of lamb with butternut squash and oven-baked peppers. Sounds good already yeah? But no. We ended off with goreng pisang. Which I made. Okay, I was not alone in my endeavours, but the goreng pisang would not have come into existence without my contribution!! So pleased with myself hehe. A man is forever changed after he knows he can cook a mean goreng pisang. And damn if it wasn't the meanest goreng pisang ever. Self-praise is no praise, sure, but I'm going to go ahead anyway!! So smooth. And creamy. It could almost be said to be divine, except it was a little better than that. The way the pisang melted in your mouth. You know what's the problem here? It's me trying to describe something that's indescribable. It's unpossible. It was good!

That was the day we watched The Fountain. So it was a superb day! The kind of days you hang on to life for. Hoping tomorrow turns out that way. Instead you mope about on facebook and lie in bed with a book and listen to songs on youtube and play dota and/or final fantasy and cook instant noodles and slide off one day at a time into oblivion.

Not that I don't enjoy all that. I'm as happy as a cat with cream (how happy is a cat with cream anyway??) when I get new books and get to tuck in under my duvet (oh my duvet.. how thou art lov'd) and spend a whole day just reading. But that's not always enough is it? Life is incomplete wtihout goreng pisang, that's my point.

I just got 2 new books delivered. thebookdepository newbestfriend. I love the covers on these books, they look so amazing. I didn't even rmb they looked so awesome or were gonna be in hardback till I opened the parcel. These are the "experimental" sorta books. The kind I might like but just buy anyway, at least they look awesome so even if I don't enjoy them I'm kinda satisfied hehe. How shallow! But I have high hopes for them. Don DeLillo's The Angel Esmeralda: Nine Stories and Kjersti A. Skomsvold's The Faster I Walk The Smaller I Am. A Norwegian author, seems pretty cool! And the website told me it was a rare book so I couldn't help myself haha.

Okay I keep forgetting about this post haha. It's been 3 (or more) days since I started it but I keep getting distracted by dota and the like.. Those of you who are interested to know (and, unfortunately, those who aren't) will find out that I have spent 54 hours (more, that does not include the restarts and ragequits) on FF VIII since last tuesday!! Pretty amazing I think.

Valentine's Day looms. My friends are trying to convince me to go out to a club but I think I shall resist. Somehow they managed to get me to go on tuesday though, tsk. I guess it was alright, although I must say that was the first time I've ever heard Wonderwall in a club. And S-Club-7. They don't call it Cheesy Tuesday for nothing. But that was 10, almost 15 pounds, and I really should be saving my dough. I still need to do my groceries!! You would not believe how domesticated I am now haha. I've been busy using up all my stock in my fridge though, I'm left with half a packet of prawns and 1.5 onions. Pretty amazing how I manage to stave off starvation!

Kasabian - Days Are Forgotten

Well, ta.

No comments:

Post a Comment