Friday 4 December 2009

Love Will Tear Us Apart Again.

It's raining. A sneaky little drizzle that I didn't notice until I looked out the window. It promises a lazy day at home, after 2 nights staying out, rugby, barbecue and general merry-making. The match was a mixed bag, scoring a try but mis-tackling twice and letting in tries. Really annoyed. But I guess it's not about any of us anymore, but rather about letting the juniors gain experience and help them improve.

Chalet was alright, I reached a day late and in merely a while about half of them left, leaving 8 of us guys very alone and very gay. We played some fun card game Bang! which was interesting enough to keep most of us awake till about 4? No idea what time actually. Woke up at 8.30 checked out and finally reached home. No place like home indeed. Nobody around though.

I guess it's hard to manage expectation. You have to temper your expectations with a dose of reality every once in a while, or they just get out of hand, unreasonable. It's a good thing I've got my daily dosage.

Some awesome songs by Joy Division, although his voice takes a little getting used to. So depressing though. Love Will Tear Us Apart? Ah The Killers cover Shadowplay pretty nicely too. Been so long since I managed to use the laptop which has glorious sound, my comp's keyboard failed on me just like its distant cousin, the audio.

$60 DOLLARS ON BOOKS. That was like the only saving grace from a day of attempted shopping. The next book in the Wheel Of Time, GOT IT. More Neil Gaiman, GOT THEM. Simply awesome. I could live in bliss for the next few days without stepping out of my room.

Hahahaah check out Don't Shoot Me Santa by The Killers guys, the music video is so awesome, like the best christmas song ever. I wonder how they have so many good songs though, I'm on youtube and I'm listening to some good stuff that I've never seen. Wonder if I should catch their concert in january.

Some random line from A Great Big Sled stuck with me. And then I heard The Youth by MGMT. I'm saddened at the state of the world today. Kids these days, they're growing up so desensitized. And innocence seems to be so rare now. We're losing our innocence at an earlier age with every passing year. Children now, they hardly have their childhood anymore, with all that exposure to sex and violence, profanities and obscenities. Is it not the job of any living creature to provide for their young? The least they deserve is their childhood, their innocence. Let's not rob them of that.

Maybe I'm a little sad that our structured school life has basically just ended. And our paths all diverge from now on. And we'll never know each other the way we do now. It's like this tiny frame of time where all of our lives intersect, and once we leave this brief intersect we'll all change, we'll never be the same way again. So yeah. It's been a pleasure, friends, knowing all of you the way you are now. Please resist the inexorable pull of the future and not change too much, it would quite sadden me. Yep. Melancholy over.

Leaving house in just a bit, dreams of a lazy afternoon just me and my books dashed. Ho hum. Goodbye.

No comments:

Post a Comment