Friday 31 October 2008

Musik

Ahhh, in my last post I totally forgot to mention music. Arts Central is really awesome, Live At Abbey Road is awesome. Too bad it's gone now -.- (whistle) OKTO!! Anyway I discovered a totally owning new band through the show. ELBOW. Honestly it's one of the greatest discoveries I have made all year. Their songs absolutely appeal to my tastes and I can safely say all of the songs I have heard by them own. And I've listened to all the songs of their last 2 albums, Elbow is the sex. Highly recommended if you have the same musical tastes I do.

Okay, after some reflection, I have decided to revise my opinion of the bbss match. That being our virgin match, we were admittedly unprepared and naive. I think most of us were quite shocked at the level of foul play involved in a rugby match, and as such, were naive enough to retaliate and respond in like. Thus they managed to drag us down to their level of dirty play and it's true we began to play dirty too after a while. Rugby being rugby, no matter how you look at it there's bound to be some dirty play going on. And we have to be prepared to face opponents in the future of varying degrees of dirtiness, and win regardless so at least the match managed to open our eyes. While I do not believe in its accuracy of the actual play, I respect the scoreline and the fact that bbss were the winners. So the statements in my previous post, while reflecting my opinion at that time, were just a bunch of sour grapes and harsh. Well thanks to bbss for wisening up our previously unblooded team.

What I cannot accept is the way they carry themselves like hooligans. Behaviour on the pitch is one thing and can be explained by competitiveness, but off it they were cocky and downright disrespectful. Then again, cockiness is unacceptable on it as well. And I foolishly thought rugby was a gentleman's game. Whooping after sidestepping opponents is uncalled for and it reflects very poorly on the person's character. It also appears that some of their team get on the pitch looking to pick fights rather than play rugby. I think taunting is acceptable, but only to a certain degree and after that it gets disgusting. And also, coming to our school grounds and then shouting "Express very big meh?" after winning is ridiculous. We never insinuated it, and it showed a very basic lack of sportsmanship. Oh well enough whining.

Chinese today and if my results reflect my preparations I'm screwed. I'd hate to fail despite my disregard for chinese. Imagine 4 As and one S. Hell no, lol. Question 4 cause it seems like a failsafe baby question. Honestly hope to pass, hopefully a C? That'd be beyond my wildest dreams. Oh right, I forgot to mention I didn't know how to do about.... all of paper 2.

I've broken out in rashes and I have no idea why. I might have some unknown mysterious allergy or I might just be dirty. I think I have an allergy. Damn itchy sia. And I'm feeling abit sick. I'm feeling hot and bothered. On a lighter note, imma kick soccer tmr at last long long long last yay. I hope it doesn't get cancelled and that people actually turn up cause my legs itch (not because of the rashes.)

And even better, I'm pretty sure I've gotten over it. HAHAHAHAHAHA finally at long last. I hope. It was torture. Sweet torture, excruciating torture. I sincerely hope to have gotten over that which has caused me so much torment. No idea.

"It is finished!" John 19:30
The Lord bless you and the Lord keep you, and the Lord shine his countenance upon you and your loved ones. In Jesus' mighty name, amen and goodnight.

No comments:

Post a Comment