Saturday 2 February 2008

Splat. All Is Full Of Love.

De Yan has, after 5 years, opened his heart once more. He lets a girl in. He finds out she is attached. He is sad. Is this what, after 5 years of abstinence, brings you? He has hope, he convinces himself that he truly likes her, for half a day. 12 hours later, the nugget of information drops upon him like a bomb. She is no longer available. Ouch. So De Yan now, shall embark upon a new period of his life. Abstinence Once More. He is unsure how long it will last this time, hopefully not another 5 years. That is far too long, he would not be human if he lasted all that time. At least, out of this 12 hours, De Yan re-discovers his humanity. He is capable of love after all.

Thursday. I decided not to go to school. Yew siang said he wasn't going track, so I was damn sian, like "I don't want to go alone man". So I decided to extend my sleep. I slept till 10+, then woke up. I decided I'd go for a run, as per Takeshi Kaneshiro (Cop 223). Heh. I ran 9-10 rounds of my nearby park, which amounts to about 4-4.5km worth of running. Wahaha, my maid got a shock when I went home, she was like, "What happened to you??" cause I was all sweaty and ruffled up. It's been a long time since I ran such a distance.

I decided to watch the movie I've been intending to watch alone. I thought that The Diving Bell And The Butterfly seemed pretty nice. I didn't feel like watching either Assasination or 3:10 at the time. So I went to plaza sing, which is only one of two cinemas screening the show. It's a french movie, about this guy who is paralyzed but for his left eye. It is pretty arty and depressive, it's a pretty damn sad movie. But it's very, very nice. It's a good thinking show for a mature mind, heh. I'd give it a 9.5/10. But I don't think it'll be everyone's cup of tea, the cinematography (sp) takes some time to get used to. Nice indie show, it's weirdly uplifting, what with it's surprising amount of humour and all. Mostly because you discover that what you're going through is pretty much nothing to get all depressed about.

After the show, sneaky boy that I am, I decide to go to panjang for dinner. I had a hunch she'd be there for dinner. Not exactly a hunch per se, but rather the combination of knowledge and intellect. Wahaha! Turns out she was there, but in Mcdonald's. I had decided upon eating in KFC. Bah. I found out that she had her dinner in Macs only after she had left. That was so saddening. Heh. I failed to catch even a glimpse of her, boooooo. After that, I went home. My next few hours were terrible.

I went home, and used the comp. I felt really cold, feverish. So I concluded that I was sick, and I was right. I was dressed up like some eskimo, heh. Long pants, windbreaker, and even a beanie! Wahaha, it was quite interesting. The beanie is my brother's, from his time in china, and is quite cute! Yeah. So fever, and my stomach was in turmoil. I kept going to the toilet to lao sai. LOL! That was the first sign of my stomach's impending disaster. I tried to sleep, but would wake up eery 30-45 minutes to visit the toilet. I woke at like, 8 something, and thought that some solid food would do me good. I ate 7 weetameal biscuits and drank a cup of ovaltine. I puked everything out 5 minutes later. It was bloody disgusting, my entire stomach was emptied. Bah. So I went to rest, and true enough, I got up every few minutes to go to the toilet. Then my maid offered me ovaltine again. Since I was feeling hungry, I felt that a bit of nutrition wouldn't do me much harm. I drank half a cup before I vomited everything out. Terrible. I was freaking hungry man, but my stomach was in a state of unrest. I did not trust myself to consume anything after that.

Then on one of my routine trips to the toilet, I was in great pain. There was this high-pitched ringing in my ears, and splotches in my eyes. I toppled off the seat and lay on the floor for 2 minutes. Then the pain subsided, and I did not feel so weak any longer. I got up, and made my way to my room. I was giddy and collided into a chair, the table and the dustbin. Just outside my room, right before entering the door, I collapsed. I suffered a total black-out for about 5 seconds, and found myself on the floor. My pa rushed over, and brought me into the room, where he asked me to rest. I was groggy, giddy and weak. But I would not fall asleep, I was just semi-conscious for an hour. My pa then said it was time we went to the doctor. The clinic is a mere 150-200 metres away. We cabbed there. I achieved only a few steps before feeling too weak to carry on. The metre was $2.80.

The doctor diagnosed me with stomach flu. It is quite embarassing, that I was so weak because of this stupid common little viral infection. Poot. Somehow, I felt strong enough to walk home after the visit to the clinic. I took my medicine and slept. And ate porridge for lunch. Slept for 5 hours, and ate mee sua for dinner. Took medicine again. And then I chatted with my sis for like, 3 or 4 hours before she chased me out of her room. And then before I know it, it's almost 4 o clock in the morning already. I probably should go to sleep, give myself some rest. Am hungry.

He dreams, of the possibilities.
He dreams, of her.
Good night.

1 comment:

  1. 5/2/10
    I feel so stupid yet again. I have to be one of the biggest idiots in the world. How could I let something like that slip away so quickly and easily? So pissed off at myself all the time, if I just let myself start thinking. Stupid. Idiot.

    ReplyDelete