Sunday 16 March 2014

Or How To Die At Life.

You don't know this I think you should
Life without you is not
Life and I have learnt the art of dying and I didn't even
Try to but I did and dying is surprisingly easy once you know
How we ate in silence but you were not there and I look around every
Street corner because it feels like
You might be there
You might be waiting
but
Every corner my life does not
Start again and what did you even smell like and how
Do I know who you are any-
more if you too have been
Dying?
I wonder where you might
Be where you could
Be while I sit here staring at the door because
I know that any moment you could walk through
And I will receive you
While I sit here by the phone because I know that you will call
Surely?

_____________________________

Okay so that seems completely random, and that's not entirely wrong, but it was inspired by viewing Mr. Nobody, a pretty good show starring Jared Leto. Incidentally I finally arrived at the 30 Seconds To Mars portion of my playlist, which consist of songs added almost 2-3 years ago now! How time flies, I still remember treating Spotify with considerable wariness and doubt.

As always, completely fictional account of someone waiting for the one, however that person was lost. No actual girl problems to speak of, because even my layman A level math can tell you that no girl = no girl problem. I also kind of feel lately like I've lost my voice, and I have felt kind of marooned lately so I thought I'd just throw this out there. Nothing of any deeper significance to it, though!

Have watched a slew of good, or at least fun movies lately. With the glaring exception of American Hustle. Don't wanna flame and sorry if you liked it but what an awful show. Okay so I do wanna flame. It felt so pointless, and definitely overhyped. Mega disappoint. Watched Prisoners, which was really good, and very Zodiac-y. Not sure if it's just cause of Jake Gyllenhaal though, but it was pretty noir. So I looked up neo-noir and finally watched Kiss Kiss Bang Bang, which was the most ridiculous fun. Somehow managing to spoof the genre while executing it very stylishly too.

Just realized it's less than 2 weeks till end of term. Meh. Singapore Day and my next trip coming up, and I haven't even uploaded my pictures from Christmas haha. Ho well. I'm gonna do that then, ciao.

No comments:

Post a Comment