Saturday 29 March 2014

And Where I Wander, Love Will Follow.

Well guys, I'm leaving for London and subsequently South America in just under an hour. I am strangely unexcited, which strangely is pretty par for the course before each of my big trips. I've got Singapore Day to attend tomorrow too, which has been pretty hyped over the past 2 months, so that's gonna be great too.

Just returned home (at 12.30am!) from a celebration of a friend's 21st birthday, which was incredible. I was the designated photographer unfortunately, using a camera I wasn't familiar with, and taking pictures of people. Who don't stop moving.. What a tough gig! But it was a great celebration of someone else's life, and an opportunity to stop and reflect on how much that person's impacted me over the past few years. Just a couple more months left in Exeter now!

Not much more to add really, just thought it'd be good to shoot off a post before leaving. And to pen down this great lyric from a new song we had in church the other day. I've been on a pretty nasty downward spiral these few weeks, an awful funk, and I've found it pretty hard to claw my way out of this one this time. I've been looking forward to today for a long time, when I can finally get out of the country and leave some of my burdens behind.

I'm not sure what I've got in store for me over the next few weeks, but I have to believe that it's gonna be good for me. And I do. And my God is a living God, my God is a loving God. Wherever I may go in this world, whatever I may decide to do, one thing remains constant, one thing never changes. The love of a Father that knows no distance, knows no bounds.

With that, I'm out.

No comments:

Post a Comment