Monday 2 December 2013

No More November Rain, Please.

Well.. so November is coming to a close. How decidedly odd to consider that a mere 31 days from now, a new year will be upon us. I'm not sure I'm quite prepared to face 2014. Not that I'm unwilling to leave 2013 behind (too early for a reflection here aha) but the prospect of a year in which I graduate, leave Exeter behind, and embark on the next phase of my hopefully super long life-journey-epic, is not really one I'm ready to confront just yet. Real life beckons, work, responsibility, duty, and other terribly noble ideals.

Hopefully November Rain takes a page from Guns'n'Roses' books and stops existing once and for all. Dreary skies begone forevermore.

Hmm it's been quite a week, or however many days it's been since my last post. Things are looking up, or possibly I am finally looking up, for the first time in a really long while. If I ever have at all, which is kinda doubtful. But yes, I feel like I can hope again, without feeling the need to temper my expectations as I have done so often in recent years. Low expectation = no disappointment and all that empty rhetoric.

I finally feel as if I can let go of too many of these silly ideas and.. things of the past. Bitterness, disappointment, shame etc. Mind you, much of those have been directed at myself, not to anyone else out there, much less anyone who's reading this so please try not to think I've been secretly harbouring this insane anger and bitterness against you. So much of this has been self-directed, which isn't all that healthy I suspect. And I've only done so because of some twisted inner-logic which dictated that allowing myself to take the blame for everything wrong that's happened in my life makes me that much of a stronger person. That's assuming I manage to pull through, of course, but what was happening was that I was being consumed, drowned by my own negativity. I wasn't getting out of that stinking pit, no matter that had I done so I would have emerged stronger.

I guess I'm gonna have to start thinking of what the year 2013 has meant to me, and I have a niggling suspicion it's gonna be positive. Or at least slightly more positive than last year was. And.. I have to wake up for my 9am lecture tmr because I have made a Resolution to do so, and I shall. So goodnight folks, a blessedly short post, that most elusive of rarities!

No comments:

Post a Comment