Saturday 20 August 2011

No, Not Your Lies Nor Your Downcast Eyes.

Have been on a movie binge of sorts lately, capped off with Rise of the Planet of the Apes (POTA) yesterday. So I think the one thing I took away from the movie was this: PETA or POTA! So let's start being nice to animals (especially hyper-intelligent ones) and not give our hairy counterparts any reason to want to smash us into little bits. Support PETA!

Cowboys VS Aliens is a movie that has managed to transcend its genre. By genre I mean the "VS" genre consisting of such gems as I don't know.. Cobra VS Mongoose or Hippopotamus VS Rhinoceros or sth. I thought Olivia Wilde was a little underwhelming and more than a little creepy however. But Daniel Craig the cowboy has higher-teched gizmos than Daniel Craig the 007 (aka Bond. James Bond.) But ya lah better than I'd expected from a terribad title like that.

Wu Xia was a whole lot better than I thought it would be, whatwith all the lousy ratings people were giving it. It's possible I'm a little partial to Tang Wei, but who cares it's still a good show.

I shall watch Incendies and Beginners and Bridesmaids, maybe even today? Not all today of course, that would be insanity.. or not. I haven't been spending enough time alone I think, as in the proper kind of time where you actually can hear what your mind has to say to yourself, y'know? I've been traveling, or reading, or playing dota, I haven't managed to just.. ruminate. Maybe tonight. Cinema Europa Vivocity here I come!

Okay not, dinner with circle, or semi-circle, or whatever the heck we are left now! Goodbuy.

No comments:

Post a Comment