Sunday 29 August 2010

Underachievers Please Try Harder.

I like lazy days with no expectation. I came across that line or something very much like it while in camp trawling through songs and lyrics but I can't seem to find it again.. Anyone who has any clue do tell me! Been listening recently to Empire of the Sun, Aqualung and some other stuff I can't recall. As I was saying however, lazy days are good. Even though you don't seem to have much of a life staring at your screen the whole day, at least you're at home and your family is in close proximity, you might not be seeing them a whole lot (since you're staring at the screen) but at least they get to see you! The world would be an awesome place if everyone could believe their family were happy to see them haha.

So yeah that's exactly what I've been doing, woke up at 1 and it's 4 now and I don't believe I'll be budging from my bed where I've strategically situated my laptop for maximum laziness. Not until I book in later tonight, that is. Sigh. So little of our weekends available to us (UNLESS YOU'RE AIRFORCE THAT IS!!) that I don't know what to do with it, and I end up not doing anything at all, which really isn't as bad as it sounds. At least I save $.

Life hasn't been doing much to me lately. Everything is so routine and all I think we're all becoming drones. Except of course for exciting tests and the like i.e. Chartwork test just yesterday which was destructive (for my ego) and also quite impossible. I think I'm becoming stupider haha, or maybe it's the paradoxical nature of tests in the SAF (I thought we were all garang soldiers) screwing around with me mind.

Also there's underway (equivalent of social night) which I have thus far been incapable of procuring a date for. Okay something interesting to add here. I just searched for the definition of procure online (I search for definitions of interesting words quite frequently how nerdy is that) and I came up with 1. To get by special effort; obtain or acquire 2. To bring about; effect AND 3. To obtain (a sexual partner) for another. (!!!!!!!!!) Most definitely not an innuendo I had intended lol.

Anyway. As I was saying I have no date which makes me ): so my contingency plan will have to kick in pretty soon. As a heads up to any of my female friends reading this.. I may just call one of you to have the absolute fortune! prestige! glamour! of being De's Date! Make that Desperate De's Date. Haha big sigh. You know a situation is terrible when the only thrill you get out of it is laughing at yourself. Dire indeed ):

Okay well nothing much else to add I guess. All the best ang for ezpz MCQs!

No comments:

Post a Comment