Saturday 22 August 2009

Where Did Your Long Hair Go?

Good thing I didn't go for a walk like I intended to. My mom just woke up coughing and can you imagine her surprise if I weren't at home at 4 in the morning. After asking her if she needed water and helping her pour a cup, she said that I've changed, that at least I show consideration now. That was awkward, I didn't know what to say. I said, aiya. But well it's true, doing good feels good, especially when you show a loved one you care.

I think, I wanna live somewhere that has all four seasons, instead of permanent humidity and heat. I'd like to go for walks but the idea of sweating like a pig rather puts me off. Just to soak in the night, enjoy the unadulterated air (no cars no buses no bikes). My brother has this plan to be a farmer in scotland (no idea why scotland he didn't provide much explanation) and live the simple life. Or just to live a simple life minus the cows and sheep and corn, say, working as something mundane in a small town. It's appealing, really. I've even set my sights on someplace that's not so far away, just in case the cows don't work out. All rolling hills and green pastures. Sounds terrific. Although being an executive in some MNC and earning big bucks while working in Europe or something could work too, I guess.

Well I'm afraid that I pretty much screwed up my GP. Every paragraph ended with me thinking, wah lao so weak. And the vocab! Like some horror story, 20 minutes and 5 words later, I felt like a nub. 1 page AQ in 40 minutes. Horrible paraphrasing for summary. And I overslept for Chem today. Absolutely retarded. Prelims have so far not been kind.

I watched Layer Cake and Mystic River the other day. I always knew Mystic River was good after watching it on Channel 5 but the adverts and lousy sound do no justice to an epic like that. Fantastic acting and story. Trawling through the imdb boards after the show, I'm struck by how many people cannot accept an ending that's not happy. Apparently movies are for you to escape reality and there's enough injustice around in real life so movies shouldn't contain any. That's just weird. Layer Cake is a brit gangster story sort of like Snatch but in a different mould. Less outright humour and alot more subtlety. Solid acting by Daniel Craig too, and I admit, there's Sienna Miller in a sort of lengthy cameo role, but doesn't feature much really (beyond the lacy lingerie). Pretty good day, I'd say. I wanted to watch Up on thursday but dota held me in its thrall, and I couldn't bring myself to leave the house. Later, maybe, pricey tickets notwithstanding.

Except that it's 8.36am now, 4 hours after I began this post. If I can wake up, I'll check the movie timings and go. If I don't, I'll be a retard for the third day running.

And yeah I guess I'm going to take a nap. Trying times for a troubled friend, but don't worry you'll pull through.

No comments:

Post a Comment