Monday 3 August 2015

The Spaceman Says "Everybody Look Down."

When you leave, weary of me,
without a word I shall gently let you go. 

From Mount Yak
in Yongbyon,
I shall gather armfuls of azaleas
and scatter them on your way.

Step by step
on the flowers placed before you
tread lightly, softly as you go.

When you leave,
weary of me,
though I die, I'll not let one tear fall.



What a world we live in, that a random book (Reluctant Fundamentalist) could kindle an interest in 2 cities (Valpo and Lahore) which could lead (circuitiously, through a friend) to a most incredible website (www.lahorelanding.com) and lead to a Korean poem circa 1925.

How rough it is to gently let go. What could be harder?

Sometimes, it's all you can do to drown out the words unspoken. A whole conversation in my head of what's not been said. And all the while you can't help thinking: this is all just me, this is all just in my head. Sometimes, my head's a mess.

Your heart's a mess
You won't admit to it
It makes no sense
But I'm desperate to connect
And you, you can't live like this.


Way too late in the night now for thoughts as these - it is time for bed. Goodnight now.

No comments:

Post a Comment