Thursday 16 May 2013

Of Faith; Leaps.

Sup guys. Not sure if you know this but I don't get nervous much. Whether on dates (I jest, I never go on dates.) or just before a bledy land law paper that I barely studied 10 hours for, just the day before, or collecting results, or public speaking, I'm not usually one to get all that jittery. The occasional plate finals, maybe.

But I am pretty darn excited right now. I'm not sure if I'm just excited or really nervous as well. In just about 24 hours, I will arrive in Uganda, where I will stay for the next 26 days. I have no idea what to expect cause I (sort of) purposefully didn't do any research at all. I'm getting the chills just thinking about it. More often than not, before a big trip or anything momentous, instead of excitement I feel this certain sense of detachment, mostly cause I think my brain can't handle the enormity of things. This time though, the heady mixture of anticipation and trepidation seems to have got me.

Just halfway done with uploading my photos from my Spain/Portugal trip, shame I didn't manage to upload them all! Um, yeah. Gotta go real soon. Well, have fun you guys, wherever you are, and I might see you guys in just about a month when I'm finally back in Singapore! I do miss home.

Not to rub it in, but I will be having the experience of a lifetime, of this I am 100% sure. This trip I leave to God, everything about it. What it's going to do to me, what I'm going to do for others, everything, I entrust with Him. This time, I will trust in Him completely.

This trip I dedicate to my God, the one I'm usually so reluctant to talk about for some reason or another. The God who has never let me down, who has brought me where I am, who has guided my feet and kept me safe all over the world, who has wrought miracles out of my mistakes, who has been perfectly faithful despite my imperfect faith, who has been my ever-present help in times of trouble.

Thank you Jesus, for You are Immanuel - God with us.

Thank you too, reader, for reading all the way to the end of the post (often not an easy thing to do I suspect) and have a pleasant week ahead and be of good cheer! Fare thee well!

No comments:

Post a Comment