Monday 23 January 2012

Loony New Year.

Happy Lunar New Year folks! Truth be told this does not feel at all like chinese new year :( AHH! (Absent-Hongbao-Holler!) and AWW :'( (Angbao-Withdrawal-Weeping.) I ran out of others. Then again.. LOL (Lack of Loveletters.) WEPT! (Where Eez Pineapple Tart!) KPKB (I know what you're thinking, but it's Kan't Procure Kueh Bangkit.) Okay I'm abit lazy to think of new ones. I'm trying to think of Almond and Peanuts and realize how silly an exercise this is haha. Not usually what I do at 7am in the morning, believe me.

Okay I just had this skype call from back home!!11 Which would have been wonderful had my relatives not been there as well, not to say that it was bad, but we aren't exactly super close and it had the potential to turn out super awkward. That's what happens when you have parents who have not gotten over the wonders of skype! Hahah, it's quite nice to receive tidings from back home though, and I got to see my super-cute niece too hehe.

If only bakwa were transferable through skype, I'd take the time to do the file transfer even if it were 25GB sigh :( I can't complain though, I had a pretty decent SingSoc dinner yesterday night, and I won first prize in the lucky draw! I'm still in shock pretty much. I don't win lucky draws. Luck and me sort of have a disagreement going on, but I guess this is her trying to patch things up. Must be afraid of being lonely on the impending Valentine's Day, silly girl.

Impending has a very negative connotation to it, cause I only ever see it used in conjunction with doom so.. I have no idea what I'm going to do for Valentine's Day haha but it's kinda early to be thinking of it.. Maybe I should go on a trip to celebrate or rather to escape celebrating it! Scotland beckons..... Uh oh. Clearly infection has set in from my previous travel bug bite. Sounds like a plan though.

Oh yeah about dinner. We had louhei, or yusheng (that's what I call it anw) and lobster and other very chinese dishes, so it's not all doom and gloom here! My first prize was a 25 pound amazon voucher so that paid for my meal and more!!! Life is good leh srsly. The committee prepared Bee Cheng Hiang in our red packets as well, so at least I have one to boast of! My table won first prize in some quiz too so I brought home hello panda, and 3 mega pineapple tarts. It's like 2.5 times your normal tart size, which is a hell lot of calories indeed! Apparently it's super fattening but.. who cares during CNY man srsly. It's a 2 week pig out session you can feel good about, and you're paid for it too, whatwith all those angpows flying in.

I don't get to dabble in my favourite activity of the season, pineapple tart comparison. That's the one where you go around to everyone's houses and sample their tarts, comparing the subtle differences between the homemade ones and the bengawan solo ones, the longish ones and the round ones, the round ones and the uncovered ones. Oohhh. So many nuances srsly. Those that melt in your mouth. Those that are kinda sticky. You get my drift!!!! I REALLY MISS PINEAPPLE TARTS!!!!!

First reunion dinner that I've missed, ever. I had my CNY cut short last year cause we had to sail, sail away from home, but that was midway through it, with all the large scalps collected, I mean angpows. I should give my brother my angpow money though, poor clerk that he is! Hahaha l0ser sia.

Ho hum, okay, nothing much more to say, apart from happy chinese new year once again! Hope you enjoy yourself loads and put on at least 2 kilos worth of chinese new year goodies for my sake hehe, and collects loads of angpows too, hopefully for my sake too, but I've gotta be realistic here!

And whilst totally off-topic, I want to say that I'm in love with Meiko and Ingrid Michaelson!! Super cute and super funny singers. I actually spent quite a few hours going through Meiko's tumblr hahah, like a total loser. And watching their videos on youtube. Especially Ingrid Michaelson's live performances cause she's just so funny. Okay. At the risk of sounding like a hopeless fanboy, this is me professing once more my undying love for the 2 of them!!! Okay stop. Check out the lyrics to the saddest song about hot dogs in existence over there --> Hehe.

I think I shall try running today. See how I hold up in the cold, even though after my french trip I feel positively stronk now, shrugging off the sluggish winter here with ease! Hehe. I'll probably return moaning and jumping straight into a hot shower though. It does get pretty chilly. And my hands. Just thinking about it makes my fingers wince. Oh wells I will go anyhow.

Ho hum, okay then. Propserous New Year to all!

No comments:

Post a Comment