Wednesday 18 November 2009

I'm Only Happy When It Rains.

But it didn't. Rolling thunder, check. Blinding lightning, check. Ominously dark sky, check. All that build-up, all that suspense, and it just died down with barely a whimper. I was so psyched for some awesome, pounding rain, the sort that limits visibility to the puny little reach of your outstretched arm. A joyous outpouring of expression, a release of pent up frustration, there's nothing quite as soothing, methinks.

Ah, lightning. A woman of such caprice. Her fleet-footed dance across the sky, at once dazzling and deadly.

I would write more but I'm afraid poetry's beyond my ken. It's like the most complex form of English ever, sometimes rigid sometimes free-flowing, and yet never understood. Nothing but Respekt for all you lit students. You guys have an awesome ability, treasure it.

Okay so we're currently in the middle of the A's. Awesome, because that means that there's only another half to go. You have no idea the longing I have for this ordeal to be over.

Well all that was typed yesterday, my brother just had to wake up and totally disrupt my flow of thoughts and stop me from blogging further. He's living the good life, he is. Going out daily, staying over, reveling in life in general. Wait till he gets to JC HAHAHA. 2 years of being a loser. Unfortunately for the next 2 years I'll be in army so as much as I wish I could be at home daily to mock him, I can't. I guess you just can't have it all.

I think life used to be simpler. Thanks but no thanks, globalization, for muddying the water. Now everything has that air of impermanence about it, where nothing is set in stone, where people can just jet off and not look back, it's a sad state of affairs. I don't like it.

I can't help but feel like I'm wasting every day. Like I'm not doing anything of note. I start on my way home and I rue all the things I didn't say, and all the things I didn't do. Yesterday, today, nothing seems to be changing. It's a sucky feeling.

Well it's 1.30 and to all you sad sacks taking econs, be hopeful, cause I'll be praying for you guys. All the best.

No comments:

Post a Comment