Friday 23 April 2010

A Distant Ship Smoke On The Horizon.

Naw, don't have much to say. Just want to make the most of this internet I'm enjoying at the moment. Only 6 days more to enlistment and it does feel sort of odd, that in a week's time I'll be living a life totally different from what I'm living now. I haven't kept myself fit too, uh oh.

Well anyway, watched Youth in Revolt today and it was pretty good. Toyed with the idea of watching another movie right after that but decided to come home instead. Lack of funds definitely cramping my style. I mean dinner is free at home, that's more than enough reason to go home asap.

I owe ws 80 bucks my mom $200 and my dad $50. What a terrible state of affairs. Still got to get through another 6 days with what limited money I have access to. Doesn't life make you sad sometimes? ):

Been re-reading the Lecter books thanks to the boring job I had, and I think it's even better than the first time I read them, maybe cause I was maybe a bit young for the themes back then, sort of like reading dreamcatcher at sec 1. You're absolutely clueless. But that's the great worth of owning books, instead of merely borrowing them. You can re-read them anytime you like. Awesome or?

I have a sort of rough sketch in my mind of what to do with monthly army allowances. $150 (maybe less, probably) for family, that leaves me maybe $250. If I spend $50 a weekend reveling in my freedom, that leaves $50. Could get maybe 2 books a month, totally get me started on my book collection. Wonder if I should get any kind of membership, and if so which store? Borders, Kinokuniya, PageOne, Popular/Harris, Time? Oh well a problem for the future, assuming I do put aside 50 bucks for books a month.

Still wanna catch Shutter Island and Kick-Ass. The other films aren't mandatory, and I don't think I have too much time left either. Not watching over the weekend thanks to the exorbitant pricing, that leaves me monday and tuesday. 'Tis terrible.

Oh and a friend's recent developments have quite astounded me and I'm very happy for her too. Who knows what the future might bring, but who cares, just enjoy the moment while it lasts. And hopefully it does last. I hope my advice worked out well despite my own lack of experience in that field. Hahah.

I want to get new boots but I can't seem to find any that looks nearly awesome enough. Hey if I'm spending 80-100 bucks it better look darn good, since I'm not exactly gonna use it very often. But my current one's problem is twofold. First, it's UGLY. Next, it's LOUSY. High time for some change. Maybe 6 months later I'd have managed to finally clear my debts and be able to afford some boots.

But my paycheck hasn't arrived yet, which is distinctly upsetting. I want to be able to top up my card, for instance, without begging my parents for money. It somehow makes you feel less of a man to see the damn ATM state, Ledger Balance: $1.26. Ouch.

Well I've been sitting here on my sofa not typing for the past 15 mins. Did I ever mention how awesome my sofa is? Well if I did, here's a reminder! It is ze best. Anyway I've been sort of staring at my title, which is a line from Pink Floyd. And I guess sometimes it's better to get off and walk away. And keep walking. And when you finally turn your head, for that one last glance, that's what you see. Smoke, like an illusion, rising out of the waters far off on the horizon where the sky and sea come together perfectly.

And that's when you know. That ship didn't stop for you and it will never come back for you. There is nothing left to do but to resume your interminable walk and never look back. Random thought of the day: Everybody is walking away from something, trying to leave something behind. Dunno where that came from sounds like it could be a book or movie, and I don't know if it's true or not either, but just decided to type it out since what the heck right?

Anyway my brain seems to have dried up or something. Can't seem to conjure up words to stories, a few of which are lurking around somewhere. There's the one about the train, the one about technology, the one about a love left dry, and also one more which I just thought up but slipped my mind. Odd.

Well for someone with nothing much to say I've been going on too long. Guess that's that.

No comments:

Post a Comment